FUEL DEFICIT - beware Sunday riders

2 Likes

Mission aborted, stopped in East Grinstead after every garage has run dry. Fucking wankers.

I fill the cars every Sunday and the bike every Friday as a matter of routine and toddy was no different other than a short queue in Richmond.

I reckon Iā€™ve got enough fuel for three weeks. The hoarding will have passed by then hopefully and calm will have returned human nature being what it is.

Anyone thing the army will be called in to drive the trucks?

1 Like

The flipside is that loads of people who use their cars for transport (i.e. work) might be swearing at bikers filling up just to go for a jollyā€¦

Rather than getting angry at other people who are just panicking, get angry at those who got us into this mess.

Took me 2 hours with public transport instead of the usual 30min with bike. Was late for work due to the usual delays. Cost me an extra tenner over what I wouldā€™ve paid for fuel just today, who knows how long this will last. So, Iā€™ve got plenty of anger to spare for both the morons in the general public and the government :wink:

2 Likes

Weeks.it takes 3-4 dayā€™s to get a ADR licence to drive Tankers

All the Eastern EU HGV drivers have gone home, just another downside to Brexit.

1 Like

I went to a Superduke meet at Finchingfield/ride to Krazy Horse in Bury St Edmonds. One guy came down from Lincoln so obviously need to refuel. He did so without queing on the way home. It seems there are more morons in the South East than elsewhere!
20210926_103810 (Small)|690x388

2 Likes

backpedal!

Canā€™t Iā€™m out of petrol

I get the sense this is a bit like putting a plaster on an amputationā€¦ Just trying to get a bit of PR to calm people

The government is to suspend competition law to allow oil firms to target fuel deliveries at petrol stations following recent panic buying.

Officials said the move would make it easier for companies to share information and prioritise parts of the country most at need.

It follows days of long queues at the pumps after fears of disruption to the fuel supply sparked panic buying.

Ministers are also considering deploying the Army to deliver fuel.

The Petrol Retailers Association has warned that as many as two-thirds of its membership of nearly 5,500 independent outlets are out of fuel, with the rest of them ā€œpartly dry and running out soonā€.

Next panic buy looks to be the Christmas turkey as turkey farmers warn of Christmas shortage, make of that what you will.

1 Like

Found myself in the New Forest heading home this afternoon with barely a quarter tank of diesel. Winchester Services only had Super diesel at Ā£1.70/ litre! So I thought Iā€™d fill up and be covered for the weekā€¦but stopped at Ā£100!

1 Like

This is where I might turn up the smugmeter in future as I never eat Turkey at Xmas. Game, lamb or even beef or pork much preferredā€¦ Hell, Iā€™d even eat a salmon rather than Turkey.

1 Like

Brexit was the big clue to the average level of intelligence in this country for me. Now nothing surprises me

6 Likes

+8 We to prefer any game, lamb, beef, pork etc. One Christmas we had an all day breakfast of sausage, egg, chips, beans, bacon, mushroom, onions and a fried slice. Another Christmas we had kangaroo steaks on the side, when in Australia.

Anything but turkey, weā€™ve always found it too dry, too expensive and inedible as an oven roast.

Before Turkey you better stock up on Pumpkins!

Too many are too content living on Benefits and the proceeds from petty crime. Lazy, feeble of mind and drug induced it would never occur to them to train for a job where there is a shortage of workers.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve had to use the car today, Iā€™m working in the Cotswoldā€™s & only carry enough fuel for 250miles, I need at least 300miles to be safe so cant take the risk of getting to work & not being able to fill up to get Home