FUEL DEFICIT - beware Sunday riders

Barely made home from work today. Passed by 5 petrol stations all out of fuel because of the idiots buying off more than they need :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

1 Like

It’s disturbing how many stupid people there are among us.

4 Likes

@Jay you must be feeling pretty smug now with your EV…

I was in one of the queues today. Half hour queue to fill car up. Luckily not too bad.

Initially was not going to worry as don’t really use car much and what I use it for I could walk, as long as I planned a bit better / accepted I would be late starting work

BUT with less than a half tank full and a daughter developing another cold, was quickly reminded that nearest hospital that will see kids is 20miles away, and not easily accessible any other way, so thought best to have a tank full in case we need to make (another) trip there. Once two petrol stations in town ran out, thought it best to bite the bullet and top it up.

I get the fear and the panic to an extent. Taking Jerry cans to fill up everything you have like as if a 3rd world war is coming, I do not understand…

1 Like

Bloody ridiculous. I refused to let it stop my ride out today, haven’t been out on the bike in ages so went off down to kent to meet up with my brother thinking it can’t be that bad. I’ll just grab some in kent somewhere, whole way down the motorway all signs saying no fuel at each service station. In order to get back to London I had to siphon some fuel from my brothers bike. Ended up coming up the motorway at 50 - 60mph whole way back and made it with 1 bar.

Just as a heads up though (I don’t want to add fuel to the fire) ((pun intended :sunglasses:)) - I managed to get some quite easily at about 7 this evening when the hoarders were eating dinner. You have to outwit these fools

1 Like

1 Like

Well, no, despite the Jerry Can Moron Massive, we are all in it together, so it pains me to see people acting not just stupidly, but selfishly. Our household still needs petrol for our bikes!

That said, I do not miss relying on a petrol station to fuel the car. It charges whilst I sleep, eat, work or whatever. Petrol/diesel really is a horrible thing.

3 Likes

Not the case here in rural-ish Sussex, both at 7am and 8pm queues were stupid.

Makes queue jumping on the bike a bit more challenging. Jumped straight in yesterday and fueled up, paid and buggered off ahead of quite a few…Pimlico would not have approved :joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

1 Like

Damn was planning on popping out to get fuel, toilet paper and pasta

2 Likes

Liar, you were going out for fuel and feta, weren’t you?

2 Likes

Been to a couple of closed petrol stations near me this morning. Shell said they aren’t expecting any fuel for a few days. Gulf said they had no idea when they’ll be getting more. I guess it’s public transport for me for the foreseeable future.

2 Likes

O had to fill up the bike Friday, went to Sainsbury’s near blackwall tunnel. Massive queue, I, like any good biker filtered to the front only to see of 12 pumps people were ignoring 4 of them, was in and out in minute…

2 Likes

Prob as they were on the wrong side of the fuel cap :joy:

2 Likes

It’s a wonder people manage to dress themselves at times.

Will report back from Surrey at the end of the day :grin:

Youd think right, but no it was literally 4 on the same set of pumps…

1 Like

3 Likes