Friends son refuses to do a CBT

well he could do that…BUT if its locked up ier chained…he aint going anywhere! hotwired or not.

[quote]
Chenster10R (20/05/2008)

chenster,i stand by what i say, just because you grew up all shiney and smelling of roses doesn’t mean others will.speaking from EXPERIENCE i can tell you that a large number of scooter riders (16yr olds) hold little respect for the laws of the roads, unfortunately it is a part of the culture they belong to.His ‘Can’t be bothered to take a CBT’ because he ‘knows how to ride a scooter’ speaks volumes in his very scant take on what he is actually doing…this ‘minor irritation’ is actually licence losing, but he isn’t bothered.i can see his next statement…'I can’t afford insurance, well i’m a good rider i won’t need it’of course Chens, by all means offer up your experience of your youth and how you came good mate but i’m speaking hard facts.people DO change…if willing to accept change.

yeah but just because of your experience being a copper doesn’t make you judge,jury and executioner.

You never mentioned anything about the kid possibly accepting advice.

I ALSO have experience as a mentor that MANY MANY MANY kids not given a chance in their early years can indeed turn there lives around.

The smallest thing can affect people and pull them back onto the right path.

As a kid i use to be dragged off the street by police for no reason.

And i mean NO REASON AT ALL. driven out to garages miles from home and beaten up then thrown out into the street.

From my ‘experience’ do i think all coppers are ****s? Not at all.

[quote]
Porkscratchin (20/05/2008)

[quote]
Chenster10R (20/05/2008)

good post dude.

i was one that never listened, then one day i worked it out, started to listen to people stopped being such a little sh*t…and well im a pretty good boy these days! :smiley:

sometimes unless given the chance, youngsters will just carry on…and on and on until it ends in a prison sentence, thank lordy! i saw sense before it came to that, many of my mates didnt.

Doing a CBT isn’t a punishment and it isn’t an option. It’s a legal requirement. Not having a CBT is breaking the law - end of. Particularly when you are in charge of a vehicle that, used wrongly, is powerful enough to both kill you and others.

There are things that are part of youth, life and experimentation. Of course everyone has done things they regret and everyone deserves a chance to make good. But I don’t think illegally driving a vehicle and endangering the lives of innocent road users and pedestrians is one of them.

Thanks for all your posts. Some long ones in there. Much appreciated.

I will phone his gran later this week and see what’s happened and report back.

As is usual in this type of thing - I blame his mum and dad. No discipline.

I tell my kids - you either respect the law or fear the law. The law in this case is me !!! They prefer to respect the law.

If you are under my roof you obey my rules - end of story.

What is annoying is how his dad said he wouldn’t let him ride it without the CBT, then the next day let’s him go on it.