Essex Newby

Hi all, been following the forum for a month now and I think its time to introduce my self.
Basically I bought a YZF R125 on the cheap had 14000 miles but one owner. It was listed not running on eBay.
Being slightly mechanically minded (not a mechanic by trade) put it down to fuel pump, but turned out just requiring a battery, had to put a standard exhaust to pass mot as the original one was straight through. Like you could see daylight all the way through if you looked down.
Had loads of aftermarket stuff done to it which am still noticing.
I have a very short commute but it beats taking the train.
Am still on L plates, reason being I thought I would see how I would get on as I’ve heard so many stories of people passing and buying new bikes and turns out its not for them.
I’ve already passed my theory test just need to save up to do my full test now but with baby number 3 due shortly might just have to hold tight for a while.
I’ve been enjoying my daily commute but can get rather boring just using the A12 everyday.
Wish I could go on some long trips like the Brugge trip you guys have up.
Maybe next year.

I’ve put an sp engineering exhaust cause car drivers never knew I was next to them at traffic lights.
That’s the good point. Bad point is that when your approaching another rider and they see what your riding I tend to feel like a chav at that point.
I’ve added heated hand grips. Love them. R&G handle bar crash Bung and a cheap rear camera system as I found the aftermarket mirror to be crap. Put originals back on now though. Still got a few things to put right with the bike but a small project for me.

Here is a quick question.
I’ve noticed my oil has turned watery, less thick than car engine oil. Is that normal?
I thinks I’ve bored you guys enough.

These are original pic when I bought the bike. Need to get new ones up.

Attachments

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

Welcome
There’s going to be a good ride out on the 24th starting at marks Tey
Get yourself along to it you will enjoy it

Hi and welcome
Of all the 125s, the yzf’s are definitely my favourite
You’re from Essex, want to come along for the TOWiE ride on 24th of April? It’s a good ride, 125 friendly and a great way to meet a lot of other riders here
Plus you’re on the doorstep :grin:

Welcome aboard h-magic! Nice one on the bike.

What part of Essex are you from
?

Welcome h-magic, nice bike! Congrats on the up - coming arrival of no. 3,

Welcome mate.

We can be a snobby lot on bikes (not nodding to 125’s!).

Oil shouldn’t be watery :flushed:

Welcome, on the oil front if you’re not sure what’s in it or how long it’s been in there change it. It only takes about a litre but don’t take my word on that check the manual.

what do you mean when you say watery… do you mean thin or there’s actual water in there and you’ve got an emulsion going on.

Hi all thank you for your comments

Am in Romford just off the A12.

I was a bit weary that 125 might not be welcome. I’ll try and pop on the 24th hopefully should be free. Now that I know that I would be welcomed.

As for the oil and water mixture
I had it serviced beginning of January. And only started Riding it in February
There’s no emulsion as such going on.
Just very thin like water has been mixed it.

In theory if water was mixing
A. Should My water level be dropping?

B. Won’t the exhaust be blowing blue ish smoke or even black smoke?

I’m in Hornchurch so not far from you

Hi all thank you for your comments

Am in Romford just off the A12.

I was a bit weary that 125 might not be welcome. I’ll try and pop on the 24th hopefully should be free. Now that I know that I would be welcomed.

As for the oil and water mixture
I had it serviced beginning of January. And only started Riding it in February
There’s no emulsion as such going on.
Just very thin like water has been mixed it.

In theory if water was mixing
A. Should My water level be dropping?

B. Won’t the exhaust be blowing blue ish smoke or even black smoke?

h-magic
oil can absorb water if the bike has been left standing

if it has or if water is mixing with it from another source the oil colour will change to what looks like a poorly made chocolate drink 

Oh my god the famous marmablade lives near me.
I feel blessed.

Anyone near me wanting to give me a second opinion?

Lol, im not that famous

Welcome. Love the bike. Especially the brand and colour scheme. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oh my god the infamous marmablade lives near me. I feel cursed.

Anyone near me wanting to give me a second opinion?

h-magic
There

Pats self on back as I got in before Ruth

Marablade, you might be, for all the wrong reasons :slight_smile:

LOL, cheers guys, Feeling the Love :slight_smile:

You’re not famous, you’re special :grin:

:slight_smile: