do you speed?

Hey guys.

In north wales I sometimes alegidley push the boundaries of the speed limits because I grew up there and knew where the safe places were to do so.

Here in london with all the unmarked cars and police cameras im staying at the exact limit. Cars always pushing up behind me…

Do you guys alegidley speed? If so how much and when is it safe to do so?

Of course this is all hypothetical B-)

If you were going to, hypothetically speaking, speed. It would be a good idea to keep this in mind. Note, these are just guidelines and are not written in stone:

ACPO speed enforcement guidelines

Speed limit Min speed for a speeding ticket Min speed for prosecution20mph25mph35mph30mph35mph50mph40mph46mph66mph50mph57mph76mph60mph68mph86mph70 mph79mph96mph

where did you get this info?

iv never heard of it…

Me, speed? How very dare you!:angry:

• 1 Wouldn’t dream of it. :smiley:

I got it from here:
http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/p_to_r/road_traffic_offences_guidance_on_fixed_penalty_notices/

But you can find a more detailed one here:
http://www.acpo.police.uk/documents/uniformed/2013/201305-uoba-speed-enf-safer-roads.pdf

Personally I adapt my speed in accordance with whatever risk factors are prevalent at the time.

“Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men”

Though in qualification, it should be mentioned that the person to whom the above quote is generally attributed to, did in fact lose both his legs whilst blatantly ignoring the rules… :pinch:

Does flowing nicely with the traffic count as speeding?

Yes , habitually and everywhere in and on everything .

I never speed, my speedo is always wrong!

“Personally I adapt my speed in accordance with whatever risk factors are prevalent at the time”

Agreed. Such as rapidly closing in on a distant car in front, which turns out to be a police car doing 70ish on an empty motorway :Whistling:
That said, Im always over cautious in built up villages, near schools etc. Sometimes 20 is better than the legal limit of 30.

Being Greek, I can only assume you got Goldman Sachs to calibrate your speedo whilst they were auditing the public finances too? :hehe:

Even better, I managed to get the Greek Finance Ministry to do it for me! :smiley:

Was expensive though, apparently I now owe them £120bn and they took one wheel away from my bike as downpayment

Never in my life have I even gone 1mph over, law abiding citizen right here :smiley:

:wink:

Never in London and everyone who does is a cock!!

I don’t understand the question.

:smiley:

Never. In fact I’ve often considered chopping in my bike for a moped as it’d make little difference to how I ride anyway. AYEEEE ! :stuck_out_tongue:

Speeding.

Driving with undue care and attention.

Big big difference.

speed is good :slight_smile: