Demo against bike parking tax this sun

Yes that insult was cheap crap. I wont be here much longer at this rate… (invites further snide remarks no doubt :ermm:)

MY SON:w00t: PMSL

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

think if this had been posted in the CORRECT section then people wouldnt be moaning again, just dont want ALL the other sections swamped like last time :slight_smile:

I think bikertibbs you can be forgiven a little as I don’t think she was here when all this ‘no to bike parking charges’ thing kicked off, we had about 10 different posts a day from people who done nothing else but spam the forum with this issue.

Now I think a lot of others will have the same view as me, I am all for the cause of having Westminster drop the charges (although I think you have a tough battle on your hands), I have signed the petition but I refuse to go on any of the protest as I do not agree with the attitude of causing as much traffic chaos as possible, you say it’s tough if anyone else gets caught in it, well thats not fair is it, inconveniencing people who are just going about their daily business and have nothing to do with the bike parking charges, bare in mind that car drivers not only pay the congestion charge but they also pay much higher parking charges than the £1 a day for motorbikes so they might just see bikers as a bunch of ungratefull free loaders.

Also the people who have said if you don’t like it then don’t read/comment on it, when you post something up on a public forum such as LB you should expect people who don’t agree with it to have their say on the subject, freedom of speech and all that, you can’t say who can and can’t post on the thread. I don’t agree with the insults, no need to get personal with each other but there’s nothing wrong with a healty debate, everyone is entitled to their own opinion :slight_smile:

Anyway, that’s what I have to say on the matter :smiley:

I was at the last demo and they announced this one would be on Monday 17th…then one of the lads on another forum said it was Sunday and so did the demo website. We were on a run up North so couldn’t attend but I did think it was weird having the demo on a Sunday.

+1

Any excuse to throw popcorn! hehe

ps. sorted out a couple of your spelling errors, but haven’t got all day to correct the whole thing… ;):P:P

Cheeky bugger, you didn’t put them in red so I can’t see what I done wrong, nevermind, I got my point accross at least :slight_smile:

hehe - :kiss:

Perhaps the parking charge should be higher ? Might deter so many scooterists from jamming their scoots against the bikes ?

Maybe parking should be paid for given that there’s no CC for bikes ? We’re already saving £8 a day and that’ll be going up again too.

Has anybody held WCC to account on the number of parking places they claimed would be created ? What are the before and after figures ?

[quote]
Tiggi (18/08/2009)

I think bikertibbs you can be forgiven a little as I don’t think she was here when all this ‘no to bike parking charges’ thing kicked off, we had about 10 different posts a day from people who done nothing else but spam the forum with this issue.Now I think a lot of others will have the same view as me, I am all for the cause of having Westminster drop the charges (although I think you have a tough battle on your hands), I have signed the petition but I refuse to go on any of the protest as I do not agree with the attitude of causing as much traffic chaos as possible, you say it’s tough if anyone else gets caught in it, well thats not fair is it, inconveniencing people who are just going about their daily business and have nothing to do with the bike parking charges, bare in mind that car drivers not only pay the congestion charge but they also pay much higher parking charges than the £1 a day for motorbikes so they might just see bikers as a bunch of ungratefull free loaders.

Also the people who have said if you don’t like it then don’t read/comment on it, when you post something up on a public forum such as LB you should expect people who don’t agree with it to have their say on the subject, freedom of speech and all that, you can’t say who can and can’t post on the thread. I don’t agree with the insults, no need to get personal with each other but there’s nothing wrong with a healty debate, everyone is entitled to their own opinion :slight_smile:

Anyway, that’s what I have to say on the matter :smiley:

[/quoteTiggi, that is spot on girl and i have never thought of it like that too.

Not sure if that post is sarcastic or not :ermm: anywayAs I have said many times before on previous posts, rather than campaigning for free parking we should be trying to get what WCC promised, secure parking and more of it :slight_smile:

It appears we keep going over the same old ground on this issue. I’ve mentioned my views on previous threads.

Tiggi +1

[quote]
Tiggi (18/08/2009)

I agree with you and posts like your one that offer a different point of view are much needed however I just don’t think that the ‘Oh shut the Feck up you knob’ response to the original post counted for much IMHO…

[quote]
Panda (18/08/2009)

As I said, no need to get personal with people, just air your views and get on with things, whats the point in getting wound up about a discussion on a forum :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]
Panda (18/08/2009)

so cus you don’t agree with my view on the topic, and I disagree with the maner in which it was being ‘advertised’ and the way I chose to express my view, I am in the wrong??? Free speech???

IMO the who ever it was I called a knob was acting and writing like one! so if the cap fits.

and it was not meant as a ‘personal attack’ but my opinion, or is that no longer allowed on here any more?

But It’s ok for some young kid who has probably only been biking for 5 mins to shout there mouth off about how they are going to bring London to a stand still with not a care for anyone else, just to save a quid???

LB joins the nanny state:w00t:

[quote]
Busa55 (18/08/2009)

Oi old timer…get over here and grab a bevvy let these whippersnappers shoot the sh!t, while we discuss grownup stuff :D:D

[quote]
steveCBR11XX (18/08/2009)

What like incontinence pants, back pain and Radio 3;)

Mo, your comment was aimed at someone in particular not at the whole picture and for that it is unacceptable. As mentioned before there is no need to throw insults about and doesn’t really help the situation.

I had my say many moons ago and agree totally with Tiggi, as i’m sure you do. However throwing insults about is not going to help this.

Now lets move along, there’s nothing to see here:P

[quote]
Busa55 (18/08/2009)

Have you ever met bikertibbs? well I have and I believe she has been biking for more than 5 mins so has every right to her say without being called a knob, no offence meant here bikertibbs but she is def not some young kid mouthing off :slight_smile: Not saying I agree with the cause chaos bit in her post but name calling isn’t on. There is a big difference between freedom of speech and getting personal. Nothing wrong with critisism when it’s constuctive :slight_smile:

It’s good to see row of the week is back I’ve missed it the last couple of weeks. :D:D