Dainese Goretex D-Air Jacket Firmware Update

Fingers crossed for me boys and girls - got an email to say my airbag jacket has a firmware update, plug it in, update kicks off (after searching for the original cable, because no other USB-C cable would work), starts updating and has now frozen at 88% complete for the last twenty minutes. :weary:.

Ah, all good now and updated after cancelling and trying again. Would love to know what’s changed, but there’s no change-log. Bah.

1 Like

What is it with companies and proprietary cables. They can go fuck themselves, there is a standard, and they decide to alter it. Arseholes.

Glad it Firmware update worked out. Welcome to the ultra modern world, where if it’s not charged up you can’t read your book, smoke your cigarette, wear protective gear for riding your bike…

:grin: :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

It might not have been the cable after all, the detection period in the software may just have been too long and I tried other cables in frustration :slight_smile:

To answer an earlier question on the jacket battery life… I’ve not charged or used it in a few months and it was at 87% charge so that’s pretty good. No need to keep it on charge.

1 Like

Lol, a jacket that needs a firmware update. If only we could do that for BoJo

3 Likes

We can, it’s called a 2 by 4 and it can be used to knock some sense into the buffoon.

5 Likes

Is it just me, or is anyone else thinking what a clean and nicely laid out kitchen. Do you ever cook in there or it it all for show. :rofl:

2 Likes

Yes, but CD’s? You can’t have a jacket that needs software updating and CD’s in the same room. It’s against the law.

1 Like

Just tidy :slight_smile: has to be, @pricetta wouldn’t be a happy bunny otherwise, and as a result, neither would I.

Shock - the kitchen ISN’T tidy! Pans on the stove, knife left out. @Jay is in trouble for photographing a messy kitchen!!

2 Likes

See what I mean.

3 Likes

Oh dear.

My guess is @pricetta, with the knife in the kitchen. And @Jay body can be found under the newly laid conservatory floor.

Well it’s been a good run LB. :rofl:

3 Likes

At least it will be a soft landing for @Jay if he has his jacket on and the firmware doesn’t let him down.

3 Likes

:thinking:Not sure the software will detect repeated violent stab wounds as a motorcycle crash, but happy to be corrected.

My sympathies for you. If you’d ever like @pricetta to benefit from some shock therapy I can send photos of my kitchen…

I was about to say that’s one of the tidiest kitchens I’ve seen.

But look we’re all now talking about the kitchen, rather than the jacket. Who was it who said this was turning to mumsnet? :rofl:

The true picture would be how Jay created the space for the laptop and jacket.
Imagine everything he pushed to one side all piled up.

here is the rest of that picture

5 Likes

Jesus, I’d be sleeping in the garage if that were real!

@Panagiotis that’s a Google image SURELY!!

1 Like

Hey, I didn’t start this line of conversation. But yes, I have major OCD :crazy_face::nerd_face:

1 Like