Corona Virus thread

I’d happily go live in my garage, I’ve plenty to do in there!

1 Like

I would definitely try to… There is such a thing as the common good and I’d put that over my own personal preference. I’ve been cancelling all my squash games, meetups and really minimising where I go now.

Also, once you close the bars, cafes, restaurants, beaches, ski resorts, gyms etc… There really isn’t much place to go.

It’s not a ‘never leave’ in most countries. It’s a ‘only leave for necessities’. That means, food & water…

Anyone know if bsb Silverstone at Easter is cancelled before I buy tickets?

If I have to isolate for twelve weeks* then surely there is no safer place for me to be than on my bike? Inside a helmet, gloves, boots, and protective clothes.

(* Not that old, but poorly enough)

Today’s workout was band-tastic!
Pull up station delivered tomorrow

1 Like

Tweeted by the Pramac team.

1 Like

It was definitely quieter in town yesterday, though I was going from south to north and drove through the congestion zone.

I’m pretty much doing so already. You have to think about it as not picking up something from someone else, you have to imagine you are already C-19 positive and you want to avoid giving it to too many.

France has probably established the harshest system (outside of China). You have to download a certificate from their equivalent of the Home Office, complete it, and carry it on you. The only available boxes to tick are: My journey is for (1) medicine (2) food (3) travel to an approved occupation. If you don’t fulfil those criteria, you stay at home.

1 Like

Well today our local orange supermarket was like the locusts had invaded.

Fresh meat, bread and veg gone, canned and dried food of course gone. Baby formula you could only buy follow on milk. For some rather bizarre reason all the bleach and sponges gone. Most of frozen food no longer there…

I think it’s dog eat dog now… If you have one I’ll eat it

1 Like

weird, ours was well stocked - yes there was no toiletpaper or canned food and pasta, but everything else was available

i did go at 7AM though :confused:

Plenty of food in Oxfordshire supermarkets.
A few things sell out in the morning but if you arrive around 9am you can usually get what you want.

We went to Waitrose at 7, because it’s closer… Got a few things but most aisles empty. then thought we’d take a stroll to Sainsbury’s at lunchtime for my lunchtine walk for air
Apparently now there’s nothing at all…

Tomorrow I’m heading to my butcher to get as much meat as possible.

Have already a few of the dried stuff but not a huge amount…

we’ve cooked extra portions and put in the freezer

Yeah that was the plan as of today… But we had nothing to cook for that… Plan is to.make huge chili tomorrow…

Shame our freezer is tiny.

Anyway managed to get a few things tonight so won’t starve by any means…

My only tip for today is to use local shops… if you can

Went into my local butcher, was able to get quite a few things. Local greengrocer was fully stocked and great quality.

It’s something I had started before having a kid… Once she came along the single point of the supermarket shop after she was asleep became too convenient…

1 Like

yeah and also show support to local small businesses