Corona Virus thread

Just assessing the various threat levels;

The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent virus threat and have therefore raised their threat level from “Miffed” to “Peeved.” Soon, though, level may be raised yet again to “Irritated” or even “A Bit Cross.”

The English have not been “A Bit Cross” since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out.

If things worsen the virus might be re-categorized to “Tiresome” or even “A Bloody Nuisance.” The last time the British issued a “Bloody Nuisance” warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.

The Scots have raised their threat level from “Pissed Off” to “Let’s Get the Bastard.” They don’t have any other levels. This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British army for the last 300 years.

The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its alert level from “Run” to “Hide.” The only two higher levels in France are “Collaborate” and “Surrender.” The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France’s white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country’s military capability.

Italy has increased the alert level from “Shout Loudly and Excitedly” to “Elaborate Military Posturing.” Two more levels remain: “Ineffective Combat Operations” and “Change Sides.”

The Germans have increased their alert state from “Disdainful Arrogance” to “Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs.” They also have two higher levels: “Invade a Neighbour” and “Lose.”

Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual; the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels.

The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.

Australia, meanwhile, has raised its alert level from “No worries” to “She’ll be alright, Mate.” Two more escalation levels remain: “Crikey! I think we’ll need to cancel the barbie this weekend!” and “The barbie is cancelled.” So far, no situation has ever warranted use of the final escalation level.

The Russians have said “Its not us”

1 Like

Us Greeks have cured coronavirus with windex…

Which composer got the coronavirus?

DryCoughsky

Tomorrow starts the WFH descent into madness… And no bike to ‘go for lunch’ :tired_face:

2 Likes

who’s fault is that?

The pangolin’s?

Tube was relatively empty this morning. Good luck trying to buy paracetamol.

1 Like

I drove to work. No metal people tubes for me.

Yesterday was the first Sunday I’ve driven back from Cheltenham without having to stop.or go down to 30 on the M25… I pretty much always leave within an hour of the time.

Wonder how people’s commutes are, suspect roads are just a bit lighter?

Hand sanitizer bandits are feeling the long arm of the law.

Mine have been getting quieter and quieter by the day.

Hearing from friends in Athens, it’s completely deserted at the moment…

1 Like

Definitely a lot quieter during the day, between Waterloo and Clerkenwell was very quiet at lunchtime.

The Isle of Man Government’s Council of Ministers has taken the decision to cancel the 2020 Isle of Man TT Races which were due to take place between 30th May and 13th June.

The Circuit of the Americas has ceased operation indefinitely, and laid off staff, in the wake of the coronavirus and cancellation of events.

This is not a joke.

Ok, so say there is a ban/ lock down or whatever and we are all told not to leave our houses, who on here would stick to it? And do you think the general public would adhere to it?

Depends, does house include the garage? :upside_down_face:

Well I’m going to the east side of London tomorrow, just wondering weather to go through the middle or round the outside. Normally go round the outside and down the A10. :truck: