Commuting Camera ..... ? Helmet, Wired, Bluetooth, permanent, film crew ..... ?

Right … Bought INNOVV K1.
Will connect it up to my PDM60 and see how it goes.
Review and install summary will follow …

What’s a PDM60

Having taken a look at the full write-up, it looks like quite a nice unit, with good features. Am going to have a think about installing a unit on my bike, though it’s tempting to get one for the car as well!

Well Innovv K1 unit has arrived - 5 days after purchase … from HK !!!

EVERYTHING you need seems to be in the box, and instructions are in English and make sense !!!

I’ll see if I can get the thing up and running before Sunday’s TOWIE run and get some good shots of all … !

Well Innovv K1 unit has arrived - 5 days after purchase ... from HK !!!!!

EVERYTHING you need seems to be in the box, and instructions are in English and make sense !!!

I’ll see if I can get the thing up and running before Sunday’s TOWIE run and get some good shots of all … !

IanWilliamson
get off the interweb & get working on it
Well Innovv K1 unit has arrived - 5 days after purchase ... from HK !!!!!

IanWilliamson
get off the interweb & get working on it Wise

Am off work tomorrow, and of course Saturday, so hope to have all live Saturday … subject to “the project” not taking over …

Have already installed the PDM60 anyway … all tucked away under the seat

Where did you buy it from, if you don’t mind me asking?

£?

I had a drift stealth 2 for a total of two weeks, before it died? ... Thankfully I purchased it through SportsBikeShop, which were fantastic in issuing a refund.

As I am a little lazy, and very forgetful, I’ve been looking for a camera that needs no user intervention, ie having to charge everyday and turn on / off, etc … So after some research, decided on this product:

INNOVV K1- Moto Recording System
http://www.innovv.com/#!the-k1/c3r6

Check this link for a decent write up on the product:
http://www.nc700.co.uk/index.php?/topic/9931-dashcam-review-innovv-k1-2-channel-motorcycle-dvr/

zine
Nice recommendation zine, very nice. I will ditch my stealth drift 2 for this set. Thank you for doing research and posting it here

Your welcome … wise choice, i’m sure you won’t regret it.

Just remember to clean the lens daily, or atleast after rain. :wink:

Lol you need to ask Ian about a few teething troubles with the install
I think he needs to read the instructions

@ IanWilliamson - How is the new Innovv camera?  

@ IanWilliamson - How is the new Innovv camera?   Aceman
lol

Don’t ask

All is fitted and looks sweet.

The power comes from the PDM60 at launches the DVR on ignition. Recording starts immediately.  

Stationary the video unit works well and the images are sharp

At low revs the DVR maintains recording, however at circa 4k revs the unit stops recording and goes into ‘madness mod’; aka continually says “recording stopped” and needs the battery to be removed to shut the thing up!

I’ve emailed Innovv and to be fare they responded within 1 hour. They’ve asked me to bye-pass the PDM60 and see what happens when its just their system. They’ll then review options …

I’m thus, this weekend, going to carry out the following:

1. Use other PDM60 feeds and see if that resolves, then

2. Use the PDM60 but with a third party USB unit feeding the DVR, then

3. Bye-pass the PDM60 completely, connecting Innovv’s 12v>5v adaptor, then

4. Bye-pass the PDM60 completely using the third party USB unit

Hopefully one of the above will resolve.

Have read on other forums that the 12v>5v Innovv adaptor can be a “issue”.

So in conclusion … the DVR and the cameras seem GREAT … getting stable power to them however is proving less great !!!

Bollox you don’t go over 4k revs

@ Ian - Thank you for the detailed reply.  If you want a hand with that, I’d be happy to help.  I’ve got the same toy as you and am considering getting the Innovv kit, so any help I give you would greatly benefit me if I do buy the same system.

A few questions for you:Who did you buy it from, and how much was it please?  What is the “PDM60”?  When you play it back, on the unit, does it display both camera views at the same time?

What is the "PDM60"?  Aceman
http://pdm60.com/what-it-is-and-does/

seems overly complicated to me

@ Aceman - thanks for the offer, but changing a few wires shouldn’t task me too much LOL. I intend to do some detailed photos for all however once things are ironed out … and obviously these should be more helpful to you than others with different bikes.

The PDM60 is a great bit of kit. Wise has obviously posted a link so won’t double up on that, but check out some of their videos on YouTube.

Basically you get coming out of the PDM60;

1. 6no positive feeds.

2) A positive and negative

3) A Trigger wire

1. A ground Wire

Via software, you can then set up each feed differently, such as:

Different Amperage can be set

Delayed ‘on’ and a delayed ‘off’

On when triggered (ie ignition switched)

On when grounded (ie via a switch)

It all sounds simple (and it is) and you’re probably thinking “why” … but the ease of setting up, and the ability to provide different ‘triggers’ makes adding things onto your bike so much easier.

@ Ian W - Thanks for the details. I’ve already seen a few videos about the PDM60 now. It would be useful for my action cam, mobile phone, heated gloves, satnav when I buy one, and a Steibel Magnum horn.