Coach and Horses - well done - Not

The pub will be contacted for sure, it will effect LB should you want to hold any further events there. Simple as.

right i’m back off to poland i’m already sick of the current british mentality and i’ve only be back one day:crazy:

see!, super complain culture in action!.

A quiet word with the pub woulda been better than this…:ermm:

A lot of people have put very hard work into that event…it’s a bit off, publicly having a go…not very proffessional imo. You wouldn’t expect your boss to come in and have a go at you in front of anyone else…I can’t see how it’s any different in a forum full of real (ie, not cyber-figment-of-your-imagination) people. Thats why there is a PM system! :wink:

I wasnt at the event unfortunately, I was just saying I’d be p!ssed. I did want to go but other commitments didnt permit.As a courtesy, notification could be given to local residents as happened to me recently. People are usually a lot more forgiving if given warning of the forthcoming noisey event, well, I was anyway, maybe I’m just too easygoing :smiley: .

Not a kill joy. As said all its done is upset locals and if locals complain the action will be taken simple as and the only ones to suffer are the venue and attendees.

What would you rather? Have a lower key event and have lots of them with community support or one event and then no more, or one stoped with a noise notice?

[quote]
Brian M (11/08/2008)

Thanks for that Brian - think I had sussed that ;)PS This is the LB forum not the pubs :stuck_out_tongue:

Eh not me, just residents have evidence of excessive music noise until that time. Of course that could be false sure but even so if they did pack up at 10.30 noise levels of that nature on a Sunday in an area such as this arent acceptable.

Now where is my anti troll spray, have had to use it on Brian M before :wink:

Please everyone stop - before this gets out of hand. This is not the place to have this discussion.

To be honest Brian as the organiser of last nights event I think you need to look at the big picture.

I know Chris the Landlord very well and know the politics surrounding the village.

This argument has raged for ages and has nothing to do with LB so, as said your rant is aimed at the wrong people.

Anyway aren’t you supposed to be working? I pay your wages mate and don’t feel i’m getting value for money from you today:P

This is just typical of the whiney whinging pathetic moaners we have today . . . people who’s lives are so entrenched in their own little world they fail to appreciate that they share the world with everybody else.

The Coach and Horses is a quiet pub, but it is a pub. I’d guess it’s been a pub for a number of years, probably 100 or more at a guess. How many residents have lived there for 100 years ? If you move to live near a pub you have to expect, on occassion, a bit of noise. It’s a fact of life. I don’t live near a pub because I don’t like the noise . . . maybe I’m just a bit more sensible than the idiots who moaned. What do they do at Christmas or New year ?

Strewth, this does anoy me . . . I’ve a good mind to complain to the Council about Brian coming on here and telling us that the pub could have difficulties in the future . . . out of order, if the council have an issue with the pub they need to take it up with the pub . . . .

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that tickled me :smiley:

why not?, this Brian M & the village people:Dare now under-estimating the power LB actually have!.
we’re fighting back, & standing our ground!.

now someone turn the music back up!.

:slight_smile:

Ok peeps, you aint happy cause of this post.

I am trying to do you guys a favour, if you have events there in future keep the noise down, or help run the event with residents in mind.

The event has been put on for LB at the end of the day and if it gets bad press it does LB and LAA no favours.

If you all want to take the mick fine by me but its you guys that will suffer in the long run. I know you use the pub as a meet for certain things and you dont want that spoilt.

All I am saying is its best to keep in with residents and the like because if you upset them all it does is ruin things for you.

These residents have young babies and a live band till whatever time on a Sunday will annoy them, no doubt about it.

Make of it what you will but the micky taking bad attitude of people just adds to publics view of the bikers bad name. Why add to it further and make it worse.

I shall say no more.

I waste my breath.

if the Noise Abatement team / police attended, they would not be speaking to the party-goers, it would be the establishment direct (landlord), so speak to the pub!.

+1 Steve and well said.

Well, what a sad way to end a fabulous afternoon and evening [Sad]

I live right next door to a pub that holds live band events most weekends and as Steve says, you expect to be kept awake by stuff like that if you live near it.

Personally I thought the music wasn’t unreasonably loud and it certainly didn’t go on until the wee hours. So all the moany wingers out there, get back in your boxes.

I too have a good mind to complain to the council… Brian M, which office do you work out of?

https://www.youtube.com/v/HmD2wkQkhnE&hl=en&fs=1

:smiley:

heehee this thread tickled me :smiley: Should’ve been sent to the Admin, was asking for trouble posting publicly :wink:

PM sent.

:frowning: