Can`t decide

has to be the prilla

Seeing i have not not much luck with my bike lately i have decided not to buy an Italian bike again as the last 2 have given me electrical problems which have been delt with and fixed. But i dont have the confidense in italian bikes anymore, ebery time i go to my bikie i wonder will it start. So i have decided to go jap and save up for a Honda Silverwing, ive looked into it and read loads of reviews from magazines and people who have owned one. It is a very reliable bike and has everything i want. Its not a sporty but i dont tear arse around anymore so that doesnt bother me. I have a dealer only 2 miles from me for servicing where as at the moment i have to go to StAlbans to have my bike serviced. I know loads of you here will say WTF is that but i actually like it and i know its bomb proof.
All i need now is to find a best price, the normal price is £5999 and my local dealer says i can have one for £5495. Found a dealer in Watford who can do me one in black for £4999. So ill have to see if Sean at George White can do the same.

looks quite nice john but have you ever thought about the yamaha fj1300A ? would do all you want and more :slight_smile:

Yes i have thought of the FJR1300 but with a price tag of £11,000 it`s way out of my league.

You can pick up a new FJR for £7999 at the moment. That is one hell of a bike for the money! I would explore that option aswell John if I were you.

That`s still too much money for me.

Well i think you are making the right choice! my mate has a wing, infact he has owned 4 of them he loves them, and as i ride his bike quite a bit when im in devon i know what a cracking scoot it is, fast, capable, comfy, loads of storgae space, tall screen and Honda build quality and reliability, cracking.:slight_smile:

Cheers Westie, i feel right in myself about the Silverwing.

I have found a review of the Silverwing in MCN, and it`s not bad.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/bikereviews/searchresults/Bike-Reviews/Honda/HONDA-FJS600-SILVER-WING-2001–current/?&R=EPI-313

Looks OK, I’d go and ride one first, don’t always believe the reviews.

There`s a guy in the next street who has one, just got to find time to ride it.

Mommy!! Mana!

I would like the Mana but it`s the italian electrics that is putting me off.

Well I test rode the Mana today and I have now decided that it’s my next bike , as it’s better handleing and feels better to ride than the GP800. I love the fact that you can ride in either gears and auto. Also I did both riding along in auto coming up to a round about I went down 2 gears and then opened up again going round the roundabout which was brilliant.
The breaks are very good and smooth with no sharp breaking when you need to hank on abit.
Riding position is very comfy for me and the seat height is good aswell and holds your bum brilliantly.
The engine is smooth and sounds great and with different cans on it it will sound even better, there’s lovely low down torge in the engine which I like and even in auto mode the engine break is good.
When I do buy one I will have to have a screen fitted as doing about 80-90mph there was a bit of buffering which the screen will stop.
Anyway I recommend anyone to test ride one as to me it’s the perfect bike for the type of riding I do which is commutering and weekend country lanes.

Ian and Grim how did it go with your test rides today.

When u getting it then john ? Get mine weds so playtime thursday lol

As soon as i can get some money together i`ll get one.

I liked the triptronic gears on the levers - very cool.

Very dissapointed with the test ride (I took the RSV out), we only went up the A41 and back. I only got out of second gear once, and only had one corner where I could test how it handles…not good, and was riding with a few muppets (it was a group ride) that didnt know how to group ride… I had booked some other test ride for the next day, but cancelled them after that…

will try and catch up with that test ride show when they are at a more ‘suitable’ location (they are doing box hill at the end of may)…