Can anyone explain central London cameras to me please?

I was also a cyclist and I seem them more as brothers than I do car drivers. I also think they are one of the most dangerous things vis a visa motorcyclists and you have to be so mindful of them all the time since it would be easy to have a collision with them.

I agree cycles are more dangerous than bikes in London traffic.

One other annoying observation in relation to bus lanes, it doesnt even look at simple as looking for a blue badge!! When going up Bishopsgate and onto the A10 where Bethnal Green Road hits there is that obvious complete loss of the northern route for cars, but it has a blue badge but it doesnt have a motorbike logo. What does that mean? You cant take your bike up there?

As a side point, I do believe however that we as motorcylists are in more danger than cylists as a general rule. The motorcyling just puts you in worse positions at 20mph plus where a fair amount is out of your control. I never felt in danger cycling; with cycling you are basically find unless you are stupid to go up the inside of big vehicles or regularly use renowed blackspots/dangerous roundabouts. With cycling, its also useful to be able to have many more options available to you in an emergecny, like going up on a pavement, if someone tries to turn across you, plus being much farther from them when they do so as you would normally be further from them and closer to the kerb, plus not having a 200kg weapon yourself that you can easily kill a pedestrian with with life changing consequences also means you have more evasive action options. My duke is a beauty but I have to remind myself constantly not to ride like a complete ** because it feels like an amazing mountain bike with power.

(having said that on a positive note, Ive noticed I can literally beat any bike on things like the euston road as I am so thin and I can literally turn 90 degrees though stationary traffic to get to gaps which are wide enough to take my bike!)

It means just what it depicts - Buses, Taxis and Bicycles only (no other vehicles including no motorcycles).

1 Like

Statistics, unfortunately, prove this to be true.

I think i am at risk of seeing a lot of fines in the post thenā€¦ whoops!

And course like speeding there is no excuse, but the absolute lack of consistency is totally mental. Some times signs change so fast you need the skill of Rossi to even obey the highway code at 20mph

Got one in the mail for bus lane violation. Includes photos and a link to a video clip. Expensive lesson. Really need to pay attention to the blue signs. Rules can change corner to corner. Even on the same road, I think.

1 Like

In town I find Iā€™m always in first and second gear. Anything over and Iā€™m definitely going too fast. Good thing I like the low rev rumble of a twin engine.

Where was that? (Just to be warned).

Lambeth Rd.
Dropped pin
Near Lambeth Rd, Lambeth, London
https://goo.gl/maps/wLCpBBq4T83ERQrs6

1 Like

Iā€™ve had a ticket there myself, I think I may have contested it because joining from Hercules rd, you donā€™t pass a sign until youā€™re already in the bus lane.
I think the signage down there was generally poor at the time but it was a couple of years ago and there was some construction work going on, which may have affected it.

1 Like

Same place I got mine.

Thanks for the tip. I commuted on Lambeth Palace Road for eight years. Luckily I donā€™t need to go that way now.

1 Like