Brugges run - Saturday 6th May

• Fluids checked.
  • Battery replaced (I don’t want to do that again in a hurry).
  • Chain lub’ed.
  • Tyres inflated.
  • Tank filled.

Must find all the bike’s documents, licence and passport now.

1 Like

My condolences for your loss BL, Hope ro meetup with you guys this year

thanks for the reminder on the docs, almost forgot i need to carry those

@bluelagos My condolences.

I’m sorry to hear of your loss Nick. My condolences to you and your family.

Does anyone have one of the previous routes or points of interests? If nothing else, where the stop point was in Brugge. I’m going to make a guess it was Market Square? :slight_smile:

Tobacco Alley Duinkerkekeiweg 16, 8660 De Panne, Belgium was a must do stop off, google Maps shows it as permanently closed

Google Maps Tobacco Alley

Tobacco Alley website last updated Sept 2022

For booze and ? Hopefully not cigs in 2023 :slight_smile:

Okay, mapped out two route options for the way there from Calais to the center of Brugge:

• Windy roads - 3hrs, 84 miles
  • No-motorway - 2.3hrs, 74 miles

Will have a closer look at the Windy roads option tomorrow and make sure it’s not some ridiculous single-lane farm road nonsense like Calimoto is given to (this was via TomTom Go).

1 Like

Note timings:
Arrive Calais 10:25 (CEST)
Return Calais 18:20 (CEST) 1 hour before 19:20(CEST) departure to be sure
Playtime = 8 hours +/- minutes

3 hours riding time each way to Brugge will be tight

1 Like

In terms of meeting points, does anyone want to meet up at the M20 services? Or we want to meet at the tunnel?

Im easy either way as im only about 30mins from both…

Do they put bikes together, like the ferries do? I’ve only taken my bike on the tunnel once and I was travelling alone, so I haven’t noticed if they group bikers together.

Actually, the route from check-in to the boarding, forces you to ride through the shopping centre’s car park. It would be easy to meet there.

We do need to meet before boarding because it is impossible to meet up on board and it is straight onto the autoroute at Calais.

1 Like

They will load all the cars before any bikes, bikes are generally the last to go on (or has been the case the 2-3 times I’ve been on it).

Would be good to meet up before actually heading to the train though.

1 Like

Sorry guys. I’m out. I’ve had the extreme end of man flu these past few days so I don’t feel up to it. Starting with aches is the wrong way round. Have a good trip anyway.

1 Like

That’s a shame Joe, get well.

There will definitely be aches at the end.

Ah mate! really sorry to hear that. was looking forward to catching up.

Hope you feel better soon.

Well that settles it. 2.3hr ride it is.

1 Like

Damn, sorry to hear that fella. Catch you on the next one.

You all ride on as a group. We can meet at the terminal. I’ll sort out a role call and other organisational info shortly.

2 Likes

Who is coming tomorrow? Need to know for organisational reasons.

• Yes I’m coming
  • No, but I wish I was

0 voters