Brugges run - Saturday 6th May

Yes. Nice one.

thought Iā€™d give this one a little bump as the day is getting a little closer now. In case anyone needed reminding or missed it.

2 Likes

Booked.

Thanks for organising an escape route from the Charlie the turd festival.

I have :+1:

Looking forward to it.

1 Like

Reminded me to check my insurance, Iā€™m covered which I thought I was but I remember a lot of chatter about a ā€œgreen cardā€ do I need one of those?

Dunno what that is but for our Euro road-trip last year we needed bike insurance, v5, euro bike recovery, and travel insurance. We didnā€™t need an International Drivers Permit, but bought them anyhow to avoid bother as theyā€™re only a fiver. Obviously never got asked for them.

The breakdown cover, we paid for the PAYG option with RAC, i.e. cover for a specific trip as that was most cost effective (we get free UK breakdown with BMW). Bank provided travel insurance already so nothing to pay there.

Cheers Jay, insurance and breakdown all covered already. Bit of googling the Gov site recons Iā€™m good and donā€™t need the IDP.

So bring on the chocolate and kwak!

1 Like

Okay, last minute dot com. Iā€™m booked and coming :slight_smile:
Took their 12 quid offer of euro roadside recovery up. Nice and easy.

2 Likes

So Sat is looking good. Only issue, I am probably at best 70:30 to go.

My Dad is at end of life stage at a care home, palliative care. So thereā€™s a chance he could pass away this week, which will likely mean my headā€™s not good to be riding.

Suggestion is someone plans a route just in case am not there to lead.

Fingers crossed I will be, but worth planning in case I 'm not

BL

1 Like

Sorry to hear that BL. All strength to you :muscle:

Very trying times. Remember to look after yourself as well.

Sorry to hear about your father fella. Hope things go as well as can be expected.
Thanks for the heads-up.

So my Dad passed away last night. Will see how I feel Friday and post up.

But defo someone should prepare a route.

In fact, even if I go would be nice not to have to lead/stress.

Cheers for the supportive comments. I put as ā€œNotMyKingā€ sign up in his room, as he was very much a republican to his dieing day :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Iā€™m very sorry for your loss BL. Take care of yourself.

Sorry to heae that mate. Yeah see how you feel on the day. Iā€™m on the fence as itā€™ll be my first ride of the year.

Sorry to hear that BL, look after yourself

Sorry for your loss mate. Hope we see you on Saturday all the same.

Oh mate, sorry to hear that! Hope to see you on the ride.

So any volunteers to plan the route? Iā€™ve never been a ride leader and not sure id want to start with an overseas as a first.

Iā€™ll do it. Iā€™ll plan a route and be prepared to lead if necessary.

2 Likes

Feel for you mate. He did a good job on you.