Brands 28th August Trackday

Def…a nice day …not to busy:DSorry I missed you…:w00t:

No problem, as long as you had a good day and kept it shiny side up:)It’s easy for the day to be over before you know it.

That was the best 1 so far for ME…:DWe looking at Cadwell for the 20th Sept if you facy it…:smiley:

more info at http://www.citybikerscrew.co.uk/

the more the M… :hehe:

What a fantastic day! :smiley:

B, it was sooooo good to have you to ourselves this time, I learned a lot and can’t wait for next week to put everything to the test…again!

Sam, it was lovely chatting to you and a pleasure seeing you ride, if only I could be half as good a you mate!

The highlight of the day would have to be seeing B & Sam compete! that was AWESOME! you guys had a big audience with their tongues hanging out big time :stuck_out_tongue:

B, I see what you mean by wrapping myself to the bike when I saw the pics :hehe: I’ll try what you’ve suggested next wed, so lets hope I look a bit more professional next time…

Here’s a few pics:

and another

and another

Yeah I remember you… I said hello every time you walked passed :Dnice pics… here is mine

What have you been up to B? :slight_smile:

[quote]
SPIDER (29/08/2007)

Yeah I remember you… I said hello every time you walked passed :Dnice pics… here is mine

Nice one, love the lid!

Nice Pics there M! sounded like a wicked day…

Yeah it matches my Bike :hehe:

Cheers hun, it was amazing! I hope weather holds out for your guys going to Snet next Mon, and for me again on Wed!

It was a last minute trackday that i booked, well Focused were really short of instructors and i had not been to Brands for ages. So how could i refuse:)

There was only me Sammo and Mel in a gargage, so i had a bit more time to spend with them both. Sammo was flying, now his new front suspension was sorted out and his confidence was back. It had been giving him problems since it was rebuilt but once it was set up i hardly had to touch it all day.

His times on the day were superb, much better than i thought he was ready for…sorry to underestimate you mate! You’re learning so quickly:cool: This all bodes well for next season:)

Well done to Mel! Those Triumphs were everwhere, two more in the next garage and you were quicker than the guy who rode one of them:) Keep working on that technique and the style, it’s the safe way to be quick and looking good in the pics is always a bonus:)

Was great to see you duffing up some of the guys Mel - I think sometimes you need to just let the idiots on 1000’s go (Even if you can keep up I believe following somebody that’s ruining your corner speed is no good for you and in practice or qualifying i would never do this i’d simply sit up and make space to run into.

Only pic me and B have is this one which is Ok ish but i think there could of been better ones like when we were near enough leaning on each other at Clearways :smiley:

Attachments

Brands20Indy20sam2Cbrian.jpg

Good work Sam!

Nice pics Mel and Spider:)Here’s a pic of Sammo on his Triumph and me following at Paddock Hill Bend.oops! i’ve done something wrong…fortunately Sam has already posted it above.

Your dangerous with a PC!!!

You should see me with a digital camera:crying:

Your meant to open the lens cover B :wink: Hellooooooooooo

Nice pic!! yeah I watched you guys disappearing into clearways then hooning it down the start finish straight! you both looked fabulous!Cheers, I’ve learned to overtake on corners by the end of the day, so can’t wait to put all the pointers I got from you guys into practice on Wed! I need to get a bit more aggressive with the throttle coming out of corners and on straights, I’m still not sure how hard I can brake, which is why I don’t pin it on straights :blink:Hope weather holds up next week too :unsure: and again for Mallory on the 29th!where are you racing next Sam?

If your not sure about how hard you can brake then you need to practice braking harder even if you don’t make the apex. A tip Dave Johnson gave me (bsb rider) is to make sure nobody is behind and brake as hard as you can at your braking point for a hairpin and see where you end up. This works pretty good to give you an idea.I’m racing this Sunday at Mallory in the 600’s and the Alamo Superbike trophy. B’s hopefully coming down or i hope he is…Have a good ride at Brands next week!

Sam, I like the ‘see where you end up’ comment…hopefully not in kitty litter or grass :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m worry about highsiding it, but I’ll try braking harder on the start finish straight getting into padock hill bend then again at druids…and hope for the best!

Good luck at Mallory, really hope you’ll win.