Blaster X 2016 R1

Has anyone fitted the Blaster X rear light to a 2015 and up R1?

I’ve ordered one and was wondering how effective they are as they aren’t dot registered.

Seen one on my mates R1M seems to work well. Not too sure if it’s the same brand. I’ll check for you though

There is a JL branded kit but the indicators are stuck on not integrated into the housing…

I can’t wait to get the standard tail tidy off it sucks!

Illegal in the UK and EU on many counts including

Brake lights must be red, show a steady light and not flash or flicker

Rear indicators must be >240 mm apart

Lens must bear an Approval Mark to show compliance with Vehicle Lighting Regulations

Probably a red rag to a Welsh Traffic Officer and may cause inconvenience at MOT time

Come on now, you know better than to assume any of that matters to a sportsbike rider.

Illegal in the UK and EU on many counts including

Brake lights must be red, show a steady light and not flash or flicker

Rear indicators must be >240 mm apart

Lens must bear an Approval Mark to show compliance with Vehicle Lighting Regulations

Probably a red rag to a Welsh Traffic Officer and may cause inconvenience at MOT time

National Treasure
Probably never get's outside the M25 !

I’m not actually going to ride the bike…it’s purely for show!

I guess people jump the gun sometimes?

Attachments

photo_upload.gif

photo_upload.gif

It’s red…it has flashing orange lights in the direction I’m intending to go, I wouldn’t go to Wales if they were giving away free rcv213’s and finally er er nope thats it!

If you could explain why anything more than that is needed then feel free…

Have a read here

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1989/1796/contents/made

Why would I do that…like I said it’s red and it has orange flashing lights that flash in the direction I’m intending to go.

Do I need to put the servo back too?:joy:

Attachments

Why would I do that…

Love Octagon
You asked him to explain why anything else was needed, he pointed you to the laws that say why anything else is needed. 

Nobody (including NT) is expecting you to believe that those are either effective or legal, but it’s odd to ask someone to explain what’s wrong with it and then feign surprise when they do.

No, I didn’t say it was wrong, I said it was neither effective nor conforming with the law. I’m not criticising your choice of tail light so much as your fishing for arguments.

Here’s an analogy for you (excuse the pun):joy: say for instance you bought a dildo from China and you used it,loved it and was completely satisfied with it… Would you begrudge it because it doesn’t conform to eu legislation?

No, I wouldn’t. You seem pretty bent on arguing with a point that I’m not making.

I guess if you are not going to ride the bike (as LO mentions) and just stick in the corner and jizz over it, then EU regs don’t matter. 

The video claims that it looks clearer in real life, it’d certainly want to. The video makes it look like a dodgy mobile wedding disco.

Even better! Now I can host mobile wedding disco’s on the M25…

i think sam had one fitted to his blade

Possible dude they make them for a variety of models… :sunglasses: