Bike Advice

Is someone cloning me? :smiley:

I had a R125 then moved onto a restricted R6. The difference from the 125 to 600 restricted was massive. I enjoyed the R6 even though it was restricted initially but was itching to take off the kit early. Once off the extra power was awesome. In some ways I liked getting the restricted R6 because of everyone I was speaking to telling me I’d kill myself on a R6 as my first proper bike so with the lower power I felt more assured and was able to try pushing it without hurting myself. The power was good enough for town riding but in the lanes you feel the throttle restrictor kicking in.

I have to say it’s not a bad idea of getting the R6 and restricting it if you’re going to keep it after. I am not sure whether paying that much in insurance is advisable though. Be careful with the R6s as they are very desirable and hence why mine got nicked. Get security as it’s only got an immobiliser. I’ve not moved onto a Gixxer 600 K7 model. I would’ve preferred the R6 but it’s more expensive and the payout was not enough.

With a restricted R6 you can overtake no problem. I had no probs keeping up and my bike hit 130 restricted…obviously not on public roads!

If you’re looking for a clean bike you should expect to realistically pay £5k for a 2007 model.

Raquib thank u very much for ur 2 pennys worth! lol yeah i read before that you was in the same situation as me…but thats a ‘normal’ insurance price for a 19/20 year old on an r6 though isnt it? i mean 3rd party only is only like 1500 but with an r6 id definetely want theft cover and i know it would b very smart to have comprehensive as my 1st superbike…

if anyone knows…whats the 0-60 on the restricted r6???

If you have the money and are willing to spend it then I don’t see why not. Personally now I wouldn’t buy anything that cost me that much to insure especially if you’re saving for a deposit. I paid £800 for tf&t when I had zero NCB but that was mostly because I bought a race rep and hardly anyone wanted to insure me. After the first year it went down to £550 but if had been standard i’d have been paying £250. To give you an idea of how much more it is to insure, my gixxer is now costing me £440 with zero NCB and 2 claims…

Nope, not experienced at all… Im younger than you. I was interested in a 2004 GSXR and got a few insurance quotes, was around 1k tpft, and 1800 fully comp. ( http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2004-SUZUKI-GSX-R600X-BLUE-WHITE-/150553196635?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item230dab785b) Should be cheaper for you due to your age. If I was you, id get one for maybe 3-3.5k, spend 1k on insurance when your restrictions out go get a newish R6, you will have far cheaper insurance and will be safer. Most bikes sound loud and nice with a aftermarket can btw.

Well unrestricted you’re looking at 3.2sec but it’s supposed to be 3.5sec realistically

I got the restrictor off my R6 which you can buy off me :wink:

hmm yeah i have to be smart…can’t bite off more than i can chew ill make sure im definetely ready for that kind of power when the time comes…im 95% sure i will be…

im the only child and my mum will kill me if i kill myself

how much is it? and how much to fit?

your mum fights Zombies?? Cool!! :cool:

Cost me £250 from the dealer I think. I’ll sell for £125 or make me an offer. I paid an hours labour to remove from dealer which is ridiculous. It looks very simple.

let me do my MOD2 and if you still have it ill pick it up deffo

If you’re gonna get a new one, dont ride it anywhere till you get crash bungs fitted. :slight_smile: sods law will kick in. …

when i had a CBR600RR it felt a LOT lighter to ride than the R6, (we had both), might make a difference if its restricted…

Dont paint it fluorescent orange like lewis did lol :D:D

crash bungs are an absolute MUST as i found out with my r125 lol…

no i want mine alll black as in allllllll black

Good lad, black bikes are quicker :w00t:

as the rumours go…bigger too :wink:

well, mine is :w00t: not sure about your one :hehe:

are u and l man cming down to the meet tonight?