Bad News !!

I agree with ya there. No one deserves to beaten to a pulp.

This is bad news how?

ducks

im all for playing tricks on them like removing the licence plate on the bike or…having a show plate on there saying TWAT!!

but to wrap a lid over sombody’s noggin…naaa…not my cuppa tea im afraid…

but to be honest here…they think that there a holy power these people…who have a sort of satisfaction about making people pay for parking somwere there not supposed too…kind of a sick sence of humour…

very arrogant people these traffic wardens…and i intend to make there job as difficult as possable…NOW THERES SATISFACTION!!!

so keep the fisticuffs in ur pockets peeps…and lets get our own back!!!

leaglly!!!

smiled.

We had one that was a real piece of work in Southfields. He even gave me a ticket at 7am on a Saturday morning (which I found when I went out to move the car at 7:05). I had a tube of superglue sitting by my front door for months, just waiting for him to be out of sight of his scooter - I wanted to glue him to his bike.

To be fair I wasn’t there so can’t can’t speak with any real knowledge but surely you could equally argue that his attackers could of:

a) asked him nicely not to ticket the vehicle

b) parked the car somewhere else

c) disputed the ticket through the proper channels

d) Not beaten him half to death with a crash helmet if they took offense to his reaction (this is the really important one)

In the same way you could argue that he was a warden and therefore just out to get people you could say these guys were in a pub so then it’s likely that drink played its part and it was less about mourning and more about drunken yobbery but as I say I wasn’t there so can’t say for sure.

The fact remains this guy was beaten half to death - there are no excuses / mitigating circumstances for explaining the assualt

pretty shocked by some of the opinions on here. Poor bloke…traffic warden or not you can’t condone that behaviour…might as well twat everyone that pi$$es you off??? Its not big and its not clever…just a fecking stupid act by a stupid person!

I can’t say I am impressed with the views many are expressing here. On the one hand we have a thread about how terrible it is that the youth today are violent and show no respect for the authority or the law, and then one where several people express the view that it is OK to try and kill a traffic warden. You are living in the society you are creating.

At least it looks like the two culprits have had the decency and maturity to go to the police voluntarily.

And the two guys are creating a society with less traffic wardens to live in…

I’m not about to go out and gather traffic warden scalps, but it will be a cold day in hell before I respect them. Respect is earned, not awarded or appointed.

I have just seen the Evening Standard account of what happened. According to the witness quoted by the paper, the warden asked for the vehicle to be moved as it was illegally parked. Mourners refused, and only then did he insist he had to ticket it! Sounds like a complete ******* traffic warden to me!

Bad News my left bollock !!

More kids shot, kidnapped, burned in house fires is bad news. Traffic Warden attacked? I think Not!

Traffic wardens are scumbags. I have had too many dealings with them in the past to feel any sympathy about this story, and am surprised it doen’t happen more frequently.

There is no need for literally thousands of them sneaking aound the streets making everyone else’s life a misery. We shouldn’t have to put up with it. Their job is the most worthless and unneccessary role on the planet. Who benefit’s from their actions? No one. I hate them.

That said, I wouldn’t be able to stand back and watch someone attacking someone in this way and would have stepped in to the scumbags defence. However with all the awful killings, especially between kids, that’s happening in London at the moment, I won’t be shedding one f**kin tear over this wnkr.

It takes a certain type of person to accept a job of this nature. Typically it is someone who has a personality disorder or two going on (contol freaks, unloved from birth) - some are clearly care in the community patients and slow learners etc…

No normal balanced person would dream of doing it for a living. Therefore they are to be pitied as obviously they are being brainwashed and capitalised upon by their employer and they are been used by this same employer to bring in the cash…like Fagan did in Oliver.

We should unite against the employers of these poor minions and everyone refuse to pay the penalties. They can’t put all of us in prison as they don’t even have enough room for the naughty boys and girls that should be there.

But we should never ever resort to being violent. It shows a complete lack of civility, self control, perspective and displays ignorance and stupidity

I hope the chap gets well soon and is not scarred by such a thing. However I also hope he gets a decent job too…If no one accepts the job then there will be no traffic wardens and the employers of these guys/girls would be forced to stop.

I don’t condone violence to anyone because of there job.

But traffic wardens aren’t angels. I’ve been threatened by one before who was twice the size of me because I told him he was pathetic for giving our Sid Moram pickup a ticket whilst we were loading a bike onto it.

They have chosen a job that potentially can be dangerous, that is there choice.

I do agree though, children are dying on our roads or in fires and a attack on a traffic warden gets more coverage, that i dont agree with.

I too am shocked & disappointed at some of the views on here

Regardless of his job (I am not a traffic Warden fan), the circumstances etc the end result is another human being, critically injured over the price of a parking fine

If some of you think violence like that’s ok then is it any wonder the world is like it is

that is well out of order.

only work 2 mins away from where it happen

Just seen this paragraph on the Standard website -

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23402158-details/Traffic+warden+beaten+half+to+death+outside+wake+for+soldier+killed+in+Iraq/article.do

One of L-Cpl Cartwright’s uncles added: “The people who did this are scumbags. They’d scared the warden off and he was just walking away when they set on him. Did they think they were hardnuts? Were they showing off in front of all those soldiers? All I know is they ran off. Cowards isn’t the word.”

As if the Family of L/Cpl Cartwright didn’t have enough to deal with that day !

I find this sickening, dispite his job.

I find peoples comments on here quite disturbing.

Yes, its unacceptable that this bloke has been beaten half to death, of course it is, but i really think wardens bring it on themselves sometimes. They seem to display no sense of integrity, and insist on enforcing the rules slavishly with no leeway whatsoever.

I’ve even seen one ticketing a car in Berkeley Square while there was still 5 minutes left on the meter! I guess he couldn’t be bothered waiting around till it ran out, so just wrote the ticket anyway. Working in central london all day, i see disputes with them all the time, to be honest i’m surprised we don’t see more news stories like this, i’m usually a pretty passive person, quite laid back, but these assholes really get me riled, i’ve been very, very close to swinging for one of them several times. Luckily i’ve always walked away/driven off, because i know if i started on one of them, I wouldn’t know when to stop. Their behaviour is reprehensible, sneaking around, hiding round corners etc in order to get another ticket. I’ve seen them standing 50 metres away issuing tickets while the driver is standing talking to someone before getting into their car, then running across the road and slapping the ticket on the car, having checked their ticket before the driver returned and noted the time the ticket runs out.

It wouldn’t be so bad if the fine actually represented a reasonable fine, proportional to the offence but for me anyway, 60 quid is half a days pay, i can’t afford to lose that kind of money. Revenue raising under the guise of “keeping the traffic flowing”, what a load of ********. If they really wanted to improve traffic flow, they’d ban buses but thats another story Very rarely when i see a warden issuing a ticket is there any kind of impediment to traffic flow at all, especially in my case as a courier when my bike is parked parallel to the kerb, providing no obstruction to vehicles whatsoever, its just another 60 quid in the coffers. I don’t have a problem with someone getting a ticket if they park close to a corner or something like that, causing problems for turning buses or trucks, but for getting back to your car 1 minute late, does that really deserve a £60 fine?

I absolutely despise them and what they represent, they’re scum in my eyes but obviously in this case, these guys overstepped the boundaries by a large margin, to say the least. They represent the lowest form of humanity due to the absolute misery/hassle/stress they generate for thousands of people every day. I don’t have a problem with people yelling/screaming/insulting them, maybe even roughing them up a bit, because they deserve every bit of it, but violently attacking someone, for whatever reason, especially in a group is a cowardly way of going about it.

I’ll get off my soapbox now

on london tonight it said that he ticketted a car that was delivering a reef!

in another report it say’s that he asked for the car to moved first before going to issue the ticket!

if the first comment is right then the warden could of handled the situation better and let it go, thats assuming the car was just dropping a reef and then would be moving.

traffic wardens dont go to work anymore thinking how they want to keep the streets clear and illegal parking sorted, these days they go into work thinking about how many tickets they will issue out and how much extra they will get for reaching certain amounts.

IN NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD THE BLOKE HAVE TAKEN A SEVERE KICKIN LIKE THAT, traffic warden or not!!

get a ****ing grip if you think that is acceptable!!

i totally agree with the uncles comments!
RIP LCpl Cartwright.

ive just read the story in the sun its mad and so sick.

well said stuts