Bad News !!

Arrest over traffic warden attack A traffic warden has been left in a critical condition after being attacked while on duty. The man was kicked and hit on the head with a crash helmet in Chatham Road, Battersea, south-west London, on Wednesday afternoon. The warden, is his late 30s, was airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries, the Metropolitan Police said. A man, believed to be in his early 20s, has been arrested in connection with the assault. Beer thrown A police spokesman said the attack took place outside the Gardeners Arms pub. He added: "It is believed that possibly two men remonstrated with the parking attendant, who had been issuing tickets in the street. "The victim had beer thrown into his face and was kicked, and struck on the head with a crash helmet. “The suspects then made off on a motorcycle.”

“Sad News”…"I hate “em” but this is well out of order !!

I wish the Fella All The Best !!

Thats well out of order, i know we dont really like traffic wardens but they are doing there job and there`s no call for that sort of behavior.

Oh ****, ok confess now, who’s behind it!!!

Poor bugger, it’s his fault, why he choose that bloody job in the first place isn’t?

Ok, seriously that’s no good. Why they attack him so badly, nearly killing him?

If he print a ticket, than nothing you can do about so why poor warden suffer!!!

Thats just sick! Hope they catch the buggers!

its a hard life when someone gets back at you for being a bunt

I have to admit to wanting to hit traffic wardens over the head wih my helmet - if I had a gun, I would probably hunt them and shoot them all. I fu*king hate them . The worst thing is I get loads of them trying to chat me up I’d rather turn to necrophilia

Drei, you should have kicked them out as in the words of some “you would only be doing your job and there is a sign at the door which is clear and shows the hours which they can stop and shop”.

Err, this warden is still a human with a wife/kids/family etc.

I detest the work they do as well but in no way does it mean that they should be almost beaten to death. I’ve had tickets including one of which I believe I shouldn’t have got, yes I might have called the bloke a rude name but that was it.

As for some of the comments above, shame on some of you.

Maybe when a couple of words are changed in your posts you’ll see how ridiculous your statements were -

Shewoolf - I have to admit to wanting to hit bikers over the head wih my car jack - if I had a gun, I would probably hunt them and shoot them all. I fu*king hate them . The worst thing is I get loads of them trying to chat me up I’d rather turn to necrophilia

Drei, as for suggesting someone almost needs to die and it is deserved for issuing a parking ticket … fella, your outlook on life is twisted.

Twelve years living in London leaves me with no love at all for traffic wardens, but I can not condone beating one over the head with crash helmet when a kick to the arse would suffice…

Niceday … I notice that you have RIP BJ as your signature.

What if people were to suggest that they deserved to die ?

I take it that will be different ?

Well, my view is that if someone loses it enough to assault someone (however minor) over a parking ticket then they deserve to wear a pair of cuffs and do some time.

They are part of the reason that this country has gone to **** state with the lack of respect for authority etc etc. Yet I bet they will be the first to complain if a group of hoodies disagree’s with something that they do and gives them a kicking.

he is a person!! NO ONE DESERVES TO BE DISCRIMINATED UPON JUST CUS OF THERE JOB!!! maybe thats the only job he could get, maybe he didnt like doing it but it put food on the table diddnt it!??!

parking bays are there for a reason and so are yellow lines!!

well i cant say i like them, i wouldnt want to shoot them or kill em, but a swift bashette over ones head with a saucepan ought to do the trick even so at the end of the day he didnt deserve that.

Bugger, did I forget to type in that they weren’t.

Edited to add, this was in reply to Faze One who told me that they (other posters) were entitled to their opinion and then deleted his post ?!?!?

There’s some pretty rotten comments on this thread and I’m hoping they’re tongue in cheek ones.

Trojan: Niceday … I notice that you have RIP BJ as your signature.What if people were to suggest that they deserved to die ?I take it that will be different ?

Mate, I’ll be as nice as possible here, as I know you are a cop and are in with Jay and co, and as you know very little about the event I’ll say thank you for your post!

Quoting Trojan:

“As for some of the comments above, shame on some of you.”

They are entitled to their opinions on this forum as well as you are to yours…

Basically folks what I’m trying to say in my not so eloquent way is that we are all motorcyclists. We are constantly at pains trying to tell people that we are normal nice people who get the raw end of the deal when it comes to some idiots who drive cars when they do stupid things that almost kill us.

We then as a group let ourselves down when some of us make comments like this - yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion - this is just mine.

Of course, next time some of you get a ticket that you think might have been a bit unfair … have a think, did that traffic warden wander onto the Lb site and see these comments and then think “fook em’ gonna give a biker a ticket every chance i get, they think it’s ok if I get almost murdered whilst doing my job.”

Trojan!!!

You are a “Closet Traffic Warden”, aren’t you?

Niceday, I apologise if I upset you about the BJ comment.

I now know the full story and I shouldn’t have used that as an example.