B....C....R 🤞(6th Sept?)

What time you recon we will be back?
My missus’ tennis match has been moved to 4pm

If we leave 8.30am sharp we shd be back for 1.00pm.

1 Like

Sounds good! @Jay wake-up call at 7?

Is this for crazy super speeders only?

Yes, 7am!

1 Like

What am I doing wrong. I’ll be travelling from my gf’s in East London and I’ll be getting up at 7am too! :hushed:

it is certainly a Progressive ride. The route uses very challenging roads.

If you have experience using the vanishing point you will be 100%.

If you can ride very twisty lanes and not get drawn in to what others are doing you will be fine. Its a quick pace a d everyone MUST ride their own ride or they WILL crash.

You won’t get left behind cause we stay on the same road. We all wait at the junctions where we are changing to a different road. So there is no reason for anyone not to ride at their own safe pace.

3 Likes

We’ll be leaving at 7 so up before then

1 Like

Last week it took 35mins to get the bike started…no pressure for me!:upside_down_face:

1 Like

Leave 8.30am tomo. Pls have a full tank and empty bladder!

City Pavilion
Rm5 2bh

2 Likes

I’ve set my alarm. If I manage to get up, I’ll be there. Weather forecast looking good. :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Shame I can’t make it, been following this thread and figure I could keep up riding solo…but hard to know what a ‘progressive’ ride is.

Maybe next time.

Progresive is a quick ride. The BCR has always been popular cause its like a double expresso. You have a Latte or cappuccino if you’re drinking coffee all day. The BCR is a quick hard shot.

Lots of people now use the same route. We go early when the roads are free of horses and there’s less cyclists and traffic so we can be a little more progressive

Its not a race or a test of man/woman and machine. The only test is one of self control. A Class1 copper got caught out and binned it one week so us mortals need keep it in our pants!

You need to be competent on tricky lanes, reading the vanishing points at all times if you are unfamiliar with the roads. A lapse in concentration will have you off.

The biggest error seems to be a new rider to the route tucking behind someone who’s been riding those roads for 20yrs and getting caught out.

1 Like

Have fun guys.

Ride your own ride and you’ll enjoy it. Leave the ego at home :slight_smile:

And if you do get caught out, make sure you have proper gear on, insurance and recovery :wink:

Photos please, jelaous!

2 Likes

I’m not going to be there now. Have fun.

What a great ride! A huge thanks to @SneakyMcC and John for showing the way. It was really nice to meet some new faces. Hope everyone got home okay.

I’m knackered. The sofa calls…

Getting ready to start.

Evil twins?

Still getting ready. Making introductions.

Fuel stop!

John

Breakfast in Finchingfield

Breakfast time! Okay, English Tea (Coffee?) time

Everyone made it back to the start point safely (a couple left already)

2 Likes

That was great! Great roads and everyone kept it on the road!

Thanks to @SneakyMcC and John from me too.

2 Likes

It was a great ride and a great way to welcome my bike back from the dead!

Those roads are very special to the BCR regulars, but its good company that makes a great ride out, so thank you all!

Great to meet Michael for the first time and good to see faces that I have not seen for some time.

Hope you’re all home safely. Till next time.:kissing_heart:

1 Like

There were 2 bikes coming in the opposite direction to us. One rider was waving to us. It looked like drb on his ktm but I understand that he does not ride any more. Does anyone know who that was?