anyone still think we should take the softly softly approach on people?

A few thoughts:

1. Life should mean just that. If you murder someone you have taken the right to life from someone. That state should then take your liberty for the remainder of your natural life, execution or state sanctioned murder is not acceptable on any level.

2. Although there is reasonable allowance for certain actions under law. It does not remove the stress of the situation for those people who have tried to help and then face legal sanction whilst the CPS takes a long time to reach a decision that prosecution is not in the public interest or a judge final halts legal proceedings because the law to protect them does actually apply.

3. A person who hammers their mother do death, whilst not mentally ill is clearly disturbed and dangerous.

1, Agree.

2, Also agree. I think from the inception of police action right through the process it is an incredible burden placed upon people to wait to find out what the outcome will be. It shouldn’t be that way. I don’t see why the police need to arrest people in every single circumstance. Arrests should be made only where public safety, investigation integrity, or flight risk are an issue.

3, Agree.

yep, i agree, with the fact that he got a kick out of that, that is, as for killing him…meh…fck it lets using him as a guinea pig for medical experiments why should innocent animals fcking suffer…really pisses me off that, test on these sick twisted individuals! or make them work and imprison them for life…simples

If a dog mauled someone to death, you’d have it put down.
A dog acts mainly on instinct; humans act with the benefits of conscience and morality.
I’d put Bartlam to sleep before any dog.

conscience and morality do not exist in everyone… These are cultural elements, not genetically implanted ones, in the human race.