Announcement! :)

btw dan, it’s not ‘lengthening’ the chain of command (thought the same initially though), as they won’t be moderators (see reply to my first post)

Oh ok. Let me see if I’ve go this right.

You are a ‘leader’ of general chat. I post up a load of bs that isn’t part of the forum rules. Eg, racism. Can you remove it or do you have to PM PJ, Andrew or Shane to remove it?

wow, that is LB at it’s greatest, new change is being brought in and we are “discussing it” like it’s armagedon :smiley: personally, what many leaders in the world forget is that with leadership comes responsibility, fairness and willingness to understand others…which is why i don’t want to be a mod and don’t care who is a chosen mod, as long as i’m able to swear without used all sorts of keys to type the said swear word, i’ll be happy :slight_smile:

Same sh1t different day :slight_smile:

Yes it’s not like LB is appointing a new UN Secretary General in place of Ban Ki Moon or something :D- just a stating that a few people on the site have offered to get more involved:)

The site has not only been a fun, friendly and nice place - where arguments happen but are resolved too - but somewhere that has developed over time. There are more ride outs now, a greater choice of meets, there is OMC, plus a chance for people to input into the site. There is also the discovery that I have made over the past 4 years or so that there are some genuinely good people on here who will put themselves out for another biker even at their own expense and time.

Everyone’s experience of LB is different - and people will use the site in different ways and at different times in their lives. For me though, it’s been somewhere that has really contributed to my love of biking and a place that has a good hearted members, even if they don’t always get along all the time.

The site is only the sum of its members. Things change and evolve, but it is the best site around at the moment IMO :slight_smile:

I know there are always folks who will look at the negatives, but that’s probably not much to do with LB as them having a bad day :smiley:

+1 :smiley:

illz for president

illz for president

Hi All!

Thanks for the response to this announcement. For all those that have PM’d me and offered to help I will be in touch ASAP!

And I mean all the responses - even the disparaging ones as it shows that people care enough about the website to post up and comment. We care too and we’re hell bent on bringing the site along to better things.

We really do believe that this idea will work. This isn’t about creating power platforms for people it’s about giving people who want to help the means to do so. We have our mod team already - and as I said before a good job they do too and don’t need anymore.

We’re not living in a bubble here. Things change over time - the site, as it was 3 months ago, won’t be like it is today - never mind 2 / 3 years ago and it will be different again in 6 months time too - that’s just how things are.

Of course somethings will never change. We’ll never keep everyone happy and even back in those halcyon days of yesteryear you’ll find events and things that got people upset enough to comment / boycott / leave / PM / Not talk / not go someplace or another / get banned etc- again it’s just how things are. It is the internet :).

There’s a load of people working on the tech side of the site and now it’s time to look at the forum side of the site too and they’ll be more changes to come both on the forums and in other areas.

Andrew and I set out to make the site fulfill its potential and we’re going to do that but at the same time we won’t forget that we need the members to help do that with us.

So thanks for the support and the comments (good and bad) and please keep them coming. Let’s all see how this goes!

Watch this space

:slight_smile:

Well said Patrick and again we can only thank you all for showing interest, positive or negative, in this thread. It would have been a sorry day had we got no response.

I’m not going to wade into arguements already argued, haven’t got the time and a discussion isn’t a discussion without both sides.

I would like to add some more info to clarify as many of the points raised as possible:

1. We aren’t looking to needless layers of command to the site’s operation but the reality is the forums need some personal care and we just don’t have time to keep stoking up the coals and get about to all the meets we have.

Our vision would be that, for example, if someone wants to organise a ride out then they would contact the RideOut team if, and only if, they wanted some advice or help in doing so. When seeing this member’s post the Forum Leaders of the RideOut Forum would spread the word and do what they can (practically) to support this member’s RideOut.

General is a little different because there’s no set reason but our hope is that the Forum Leaders would be alert to issues and topics which could make interesting posts, hell I’m quite sure we all use FB a lot more than LB and if only a fraction of the material posted there made it on to LB then the place would be jumping (and remember, back in the glory days there was no FB).

The forums are about ideas and enthusiasm, two things several of you have in spades by the sounds which is brilliant.

1. A proper ‘staff’ chart will be drawn up outlining who does what and who to ask / talk to about whatever bothers you. By the sounds of it some of you have a pretty outdated idea of who does what but that’s our fault if anyone’s.

I have changed the The About Us page recently, so take a gander at that to sate any immediate concerns.

1. The whole Newbie thing is going to change. I don’t want to say anymore here because we haven’t time right now to action our plans and this thread isn’t about it anyway.

2. TDJ was asked to be a Forum Leader, not Prime Minister in fairness although a couple of word changes in the email could sort that.

3. Big Vern - nice to see you back and glad you still read the forums enough to see this. We can’t be doing things too badly then. Hopefully in 12months you might see a much more interesting forum.

4. Mel’s right to say that for the last couple of years even LB has been quietly sinking and stagnating. But as I said, if we all posted a fraction of our FB posts on LB instead or as well, the place would be buzzing far louder than now.

5. I disagree with the comment that we’re trying to revive something past the point of revival. But what’s worse than trying anyway? Doing nothing.

6. Can we not have any more Blackheath Club slagging off please? They are LB members, and in fact most of them are amongst the most active on LB these days so before belittling their club or doubting their enthusiasms for LB please take a look at their post counts and contributions to LB over their time of membership. I WILL defend their right to do as they please. I’ve talked to them about this some time ago and all is good.

7. People will always be able meet where ever and when ever they like. BM is there to give people a definite meet venue every week but it should never been seen as complusory nor as the only LB meeting point there is.

Ok, that’s enough for now.

Thanks all for the enthusiasm. It means more than you’ll know until you try things from this side of the magic curtain.

I’ll only echo what MACP and Andrew have said.

Frankley…ive just sat here for 20 mins writing about how close we were to switching off LB forever but i felt like hanging myself so deleted the whole fuucking lot.

This site is still absolutley awesome…it aint dead…far from it…if it were dead ide not give a molly **** and not log on every day…we’ve got a whole year of rideouts… parties…open days…fun raisers…familly days…race meets…piss ups…curry nights…BBq’s…camping trips…day trips abroad…friday night runs…all sorts of stuff…and i cant wait…spring is next door and this is were it really hits the fan…!!!

With new talent…comes a new site…just look at the team that have offerd to help…this is what LB is all about and entirley what makes the site…It has always been said…this is our site…we talk to each other on a daily basis on here even though facesh1t has slowed us down abit, who cares…?..we still organise great stuff through here (even a fuucking rounders game at Blackheath Common) which was an absolute roar…!!!..which will be done again…

I’de love to see an LB talent show but thats another thread…:D.

We have the tools to continue this journey with this powerfull hub…we’ve done great things in the past and have an even greater oppertunity to surpass that in the future…lets carry on with buisness as usual as a familly unit like its always been…

As for ~Blackheath…lol…look…i just can’t be fuucked to go up the ace anymore…as i’m getting lazy…no more…no less…i still love TDJ/ANG and BIG VERN to bits…and when there is a time i can be fuucked to go to the ace…i’ll love to see all the northaners and catch up as we’re all still LB…i think thats a fair statment to make.

So…with this bit of writing i’de just like to say thanks to everyone who is part of my life…even if ive never met you…

I’m off…

Smiled.

smiled wrote

I’de love to see an LB talent show but thats another thread…:D.

you know you want to

‘Too many cooks spoil the broth’ :Whistling:

or produce twice as much broth :slight_smile:

with 4 times the flavour and 8 times the washing up lol