Announcement! :)

I’d like to make a vote for the silent majority… by not saying anything

We’re looking to change the way the site encourages Newbies to join in.

I have some ideas a bit more exciting than that.

It seems a bit ironic that RR is in the newbie section, as he seems more intent on promoting the Black heath bikers forum. :wink:

+ 1

Sounds like a good idea, LB for me for the last year has been like a person thats lost the will to live, if this gives it more life then it can only be a good thing.

I might even post more and make the people on the list look like slackers :smiley:

It seems a bit ironic that you whine about the same thing every time, yet I don’t see your name on the list up there :wink:

Sounds like a game plan. I’ll just pop in and out :wink: when there is demand.

Slightly off topic, but out of interest, will the forum itself be ported to a different system like vBulletin for example?

How is it irony or whining when it is a valid point? Are you saying that people are not allowed to comment unless they put their names down for some bullshit, thankless task designed as a last ditch life-line to save a slowly sinking site? Let’s face it, if this site was as it once was then there would be no need for members to stimulate the posts! FFS! TDJ has done more for this site and it’s members than you and the BH massive ever could! And you are even promoting the aforementioned site in your tagline so how are you impartial? TBH this is why I have given up on this site now and only use it to promote the biker friendly services that I have recently used. There is no real banter anymore, no sense of belonging to something special as there was 2 years ago. Just attend a so called newbie night or the ace anytime other than mid-summer and see how many LB’ers you find! I sense the mods are crying “CLEAR” as they hit the defib button but the flatline is already sounding!

This is the first I’ve ever seen volunteers be put up to the job of keeping a forum alive.

Here are my 2 pence:

1. No one is banning anyone from commenting, thankless task - I’m not part of this for glory I’m here to be part of a community many of which I’m friends with and I’m sure the others will say the same. As for the state of the site, it’s quiet as mentioned in a previous thread it’s tough out there at the moment. It’s also sh*t weather and a lot of people have moved on because of major changes in their lives.

2. “if this site was as it once was” - things have to change, we have to move on, evolve. We can’t have a site where it’s all the same people saying the same thing over and over again where is the good in that?

3. I’m sure TDJ has done a lot for the site and so has many others, this has encouraged other people to want to get involved and help the site grow for the good of all members. Surely this is a good thing?

4. All I’m going to say about BH is that it’s just a sub group by no means trying to present itself as competition to LB. I will always come to LB first this is the main hub but you can’t stop people being a part of other groups. If you have such a problem then perhaps take your arguement up with Facebook who has engulfed many a site with it’s sub group facilities.

5. The fact you have given up on the site is a sad one and with all communities it is a very difficult task to keep everyone happy. I can only hope that as the season progresses that you may come back with your support and see how the changes have worked out hopefully for the best.

6. I’m relitively new to the site (in comparison to long standing members) I feel that I am part of something special and I’m sure many members still do. There is still banter and sillyness, again it’s quiet at the moment but I’m sure as soon as the sun comes out it’ll be back to business as usual. I’ve certainly noticed in the last month or so things getting busier.

7. Newbie night, I admit I have never attended however I saw 2 large groups of LBer’s last Friday up at the Ace, I’ve also been at BM and Teahut with a good number of people attending on various days not just Wednesday. The ‘leaders’ in the newbie section are there to encourage and help new members join in with the rest of us. Some people are more than capable to get into the swing of things, some need a little help. When I first joind Zander very kindly introduced me to everyone and made me feel really welcome. I’d love to do that for other people and look a year on I’m still here.

So…there we go :slight_smile:

BigVern wrote

How is it irony or whining when it is a valid point?

Simply because it’s not a valid point. It’s a meet up, like others, nothing fancy, nothing special, no break away group. Time to get that into your head

Are you saying that people are not allowed to comment unless they put their names down for some bullshit, thankless task designed as a last ditch life-line to save a slowly sinking site?

haven’t stated that. read what I wrote

Let’s face it, if this site was as it once was then there would be no need for members to stimulate the posts!

I agree with you on that

FFS! TDJ has done more for this site and it’s members than you and the BH massive ever could!

Past is the past, present is now, future comes. You have no idea what I and others are doing.

And you are even promoting the aforementioned site in your tagline so how are you impartial?

Learn 2 read, I’m not promoting any site in my forum signature

TBH this is why I have given up on this site now

So what you’re saying is you’re part of the problem?

Love the idea McP! i always thought that the best thing about LB are its members, and its up to us to make LB better (than it ever was)

haha ! Im def up for that :w00t:

My votes:

TDJ for PM (prime moderator) - cuz he cuts to the chase every time

Herr Schmitt for English Language moderator, cuz he’s German

Rioting Rob - Argument Instigator and honorary Kraut expedition leader, as he’s been there so much since I showed him round the first time :smiley:

PJ - Trackdays, Racing

Smiled - Adult section pervert

Jets and Tim R - Rideouts

Newbies - ??? O god when is anyone ever going to want to do this? Anita - Nonsense ?

I don’t agree with lengthening the command chain on the site or granting anyone that asks with powers to edit/change/modify/delete posts but I’m not moaning about it. People are already unsure about whom to talk to in regards to certain issues and this will not help. If I don’t like the site I know where the log off button is but to be fair everyone has to give the idea a chance. It hasn’t been done before and if it works it works, if it doesn’t then it will have to be changed. At the end of the day its not my forum, its OUR forum.

As human beings we need an incentive to do something. My incentives for being on LB are; discounts/deals for LBers, a bank of knowledge should I need it and a lively rideouts section (in comparison to other forums). Everyone has their own reasons for being on here. Nobody wants to hear constant complaining about the same thing (especially when its a free service), so it might be the right time to start seeing your cup as half full instead of half empty.

Also, there are people like PJ (mod), Andrew&7(mod), Smiled(mod and filth creator), Tobi-1-kenobi(editor), Jetstream(plans ride outs), TimR (plans ride outs), RiotingRob(plans ride outs - if you want to go to abroad on the bike his your man), Herr Schmidt(designing new forum/website), Busa55(don’t know if his changed his name yet, he plans ride outs and always offers to be a tailgunner. Not to mention the cake, mmmmm), etc (sorry if I’ve missed you but you know who you are) who keep the forum alive… For free… In their spare time. I’m pretty sure that those people have families and a million things that they would like to be doing.

Basically, what I’m trying to say is help out and make the site what you want it to be, put up and shut up or log off. It really is that easy.

daniel, it is not just me. have a look at the updated “about us”, there are few more :slight_smile:

I know… Its just easier to put etc at the end than go looking. Nothing personal guys I know theres more involved :).

I think its a great idea from the point of view that I am still reletively new on the site…I am not the loudest, or the funniest, or the most experienced rider, or many other things…so getting yourself “established” in an online forum where there is lots of private jokes and personal banter can be a little intimidating. I think having a few member dedicated to being a little more welcoming will help get everyone to feel a little bit chattier! …and in turn make them feel more confident to get out to one of the many meets / ride outs.

And for all those out there moaning…it doesn’t paint a great picture to newbie’s when all you bang on about is how cr@p the site is now compared to a couple of years ago! Like my nan always used to say…if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all!!