Ace Cafe Toy Run 2009

Anyone up for doing the Ace Cafe Toy Run this year?

http://www.ace-cafe-london.com/History.aspx?view=1&date=01/12/2009%2000:00:00&m=12&y=2009

For those who haven’t done it before, it’s a good day zooming around London on closed off streets with a bunch of bikers (some in amazing costumes) delivering presents to kids stuck in hospital over Christmas.

Meet at the Cafe on 13.12.09 ready to ride off at 11.

(Apologies if I shouldn’t have posted this here, I’m just a lil noob).

There is usually quite a few LBers there.

I always do this.

Hi, I should be doing some of the supervising/marshalling for this years toy run.

Its 50/50 weather we’ll have closed roads.

Last year’s was a laugh! All the Chelsea tractors with their noses put out as we rolled down King’s road! Hehe…

Got my Santa hat and matching leathers ready. Just need a bike! :wink:

I’ll be up for this - how do you register etc, or do you just turn up and they guess you’re there if you’re in fancy dress:w00t:

QUALITY! im in!:D:D:D

Just turn up with a wrapped and labelled present (boy/girl and relevant age group - no food, drink or sweets) .

You can buy mine for £1100. Dropped the price right down cos I’ve seen an R6 I really really really want :slight_smile:

Really? Why’s that then? Did we cause too much hassle last year?

Normally, the Bikesafe police team, assisted by the Unity Riders they have trained close all the junctions etc so the ride goes straight through red lights and all. The police authorities have decided to seriously complicate matters this year leaving things a lot more uncertain.

New legislation (which affected another charity ride on this site) means that the police have to be funded by the local authority and further bureaucracy is needed to authorise it.

All I can say at the moment, is at least two police bikers (one of them is me) is going to supervise/facilitate the marshalling. We have a lead vehicle and a tail vehicle.
It the MET decide to get involved, they may take over and do the work for us (meaning I can just play and not actually do any work).
If I get more BTP involved we may have enough for road closures.

I’ll let you know more once we have confirmed the route with the Ace Events manager and confirmed if the MET are able to make it.

This is the run that very nearly ended me last year (literally) but I will defo be there again this year was an amazing experience and I think all bikers should take art at least once

You weren’t one of the poor sods that was involved in the pile up right at the start were you?

nope van nearly took me out, then the road, then the oncomming cars, but the bike somehow kept me alive and without a doubt there was an angel on my shoulder that day…ok so I’m now defo going plus the other half is going to throw a little family party where everyone has to bring a pressie for me to take on the run which I thought was a quality idea.so anyone going from the south london area that I can tag along with?

There’s 3 of us riding up from Surrey Quays, if that’s any good to you?

yer should be able to make it to there know where it is, but have no idea how to get there though lol! time to study the maps me thinks

Done it few years back and was a real nice day, ill be there this year come rain or shine, its for a good charity.:smiley:

Iain

I’ll be on this one again.

Photo from last year -

Attachments

toy-run-08.jpg