ace cafe bike night 25th may 2012 friday

Vespas are cool though :cool:ā€¦ A 300cc Vespa is even cooler though :slight_smile:

Now, Iā€™m not saying youā€™ve all been waiting with baited breath for my input but Iā€™m here now so calm yourself!

First up, there will be no apology! If anybody comes onto a forum and makes a repeated error of judgement then you can rightly expect the piss to be well and truly taken. Secondly, itā€™s not about the bike/scooter! In my biking past Iā€™ve ridden stuff ranging from a vespa 50 special upto my current steed and I will always have a soft spot for the scoots (proper vintage stuff only tho!). Thirdly, I have never met an LBā€™er who is not a top bloke/bird (well, there is one prick but he canā€™t help it!) and if SOMEBODY wants to stay offended by some light-hearted piss taking then TBH, stay up yourself! LBā€™s better off without your input! Fourthly, if the scarlet pimpernel makes an appearance this friday night then I will gladly buy him a drink and welcome him into the flock, but only if I can get a picture taken with him along with that days Daily Mail so I can prove his exsistence once and for all! I thank you and peace out!

I certainly hope Iā€™m that prick since despite my efforts I havenā€™t manage (at least knowingly) to end up on anyoneā€™s **** list yet, and that canā€™t be right :frowning:

Other than that, I actually agree with you :blink:

Youā€™re just misunderstood is all! :Whistling:

darn, gotta continue working then getting on one of these illusive listsā€¦

Vern canā€™t you pick something a bit classier than D. Mail? Otherwise a very good post:cool:

You could make your own list Herr Schmidt and put yourself on the top:D

@BL - re Ipshit - that is like comparing my school 25 metres swimming certificate with Mr Hammond at Heeley Swimming Baths in Sheffield to an Olympic Gold Medallist :smiley: Along the same lines, as an example, I could say i have a cabinet full of trophies like my Brownies Rabbit Keeping Badge and my Cycling Proficency Test and then compare them with someone who has less trophies - but of a much higher quality!!

If we are talking quantity then of course Ipswich may well have a lot of trophies - but if we are talking QUALITY - ie mid Premier League after one season - then you have to concede to Naaarwich :smiley:

When you are back from Lagos I will treat you to a day out at Carrow Road to see what you have been missing all these years LOL

(Sorry to hijack Kishanā€™s thread by deviating into football!)

Hels.

Ok, lets talk quality trophies

The Football League - 1962 - best team in the country
The FA Cup - 1978
The Uefa Cup - 1981

Last time I checked, you donā€™t get a trophy for finishing in the bottom half of the Premier league - even if your neighbours are in a bit of a slump :crazy:

Also, the mighty Town have provided England with our finest managers, Sir Alf and Sir Bob.

Naaridge by contrast recently had a 50 years anniversary dinner celebrating reaching the semi-finals of the FA Cup :stuck_out_tongue:

lolā€¦Am back in July, happy to go for a rideout - but the thought of going to Carrot Road to watch some footie is a bit low on my list!

this thread is making me sick. stop talking about football for crist sake!!! :sick:

:laugh:

Oiā€¦FOOTBALLā€¦NOOOOOOOO !!! its crap

thats the most sense Verns said in his whole time on here :D:D

best he goes n has a lie down

so after all this whose gonna start a thread for BIKE NIGHT @ ACE this Friday then ?

Yes sorry folks for talking about fotball on Kishanā€™s Ace bike night thread - BL and I will have to start our own thread to bash this long standing Pride of the Eastern Regions issue out :D:D I promise not to hijack any more of Kishanā€™s threads, but cannot let Nick get away with this one:P

BL, if you are boasting about trophies - the ones you mentioned are EXTREMELY OLD!! We are dragging up 50 years ago here:P. I might as well say back in 1933 before the 2nd World War we slaughtered Coventry 10 - 1. Itā€™s like me bringing up the time I played Mary in the nursery school Nativity Play as a major CURRENT achievement for NOW (even though my sister played Mary and I played a Christmas Tree - but you get my drift):wink:

Happy to go for a Ride Out in the summer (maybe a road trip via Ipswich and Norwich :smiley: )

s

Ah Kishanā€¦a heart of gold but so misunderstood. Yes he does exist Doof and I met him last Saturday, you canā€™t miss him as he has short arms and deep pockets. :smiley:

Kishan I intend to go this Friday for a route #32 (whatever that is), so if you find me I can hold your hand whilst we both try and find the rest of the LBā€™s there.

sounds good rusty as im in the process of splitting with my gf i may go ace cafe to help clear my head will pm you if i am going

Iā€™ll be there Friday, around 6.30pm.

Will be around tomorrow. 1830ish. Hopefully Iā€™ll recognise someone in the melee.

Will be there straight from work so about 1730-1800. See previous post regarding attire. Will be clutching a copy of the Daily Mail eagerly awaiting the arrival ofā€¦?

Ok to assist all people new to the ace I will, for a limited time only, dust off the LB hoodie! I am more than willing to assist with any introductions and directions for the route #32 run (may even hit that one myself!). So if you are unable to find a devastatingly good looking man in a brown hoodie with LONDONBIKERS on the front and BIGVERN on the back then I suggest you ignore the temptations of widow palm and her five sisters as you are obviously going blind!! :wink:

I will get into the Jubilee Spirit and attach some plastic flags to my bike, so you will be able to spot me easily! I will not be clutching a Daily Mail, but will be wearing a rose between my teeth and my underpants over my trousers to be even harer to miss (or maybe not, I might just stick with the flags :D)

Hels you can get Union Jack undercrackers n boulder holders in Asdaā€¦would get a damn good tun out if you wore just them :D:D

If I had known that I would have gone to Asda earlier - the Jubilee Outfit selection at Sainsbury and Tesco leaves much to be desired :frowning: :frowning:

I have got a cheap large flag which I could do sarong style. That would make spotting a bit easier :P:D

(BTW if Jamie and Claire read this thread I need to return Jamieā€™s lid which I borrowed, Claireā€™s biking trousers which I borrowed and also collect a ring which came off in your gloves. So if you two are at the Ace tomorrow, will return said outfit!!)