A nice ride turned into my worst nightmare

Sorry to hear about this. Sounds as if it could have been worse if you’d been filtering faster. Looks 100% drivers fault from photos- good luck with sueing him!

**** dude, hope you and the missus make a speedy recovery and the bike of course
jim

sorry to hear that, hope your both ok

Well the good news is Virve got released at 7 pm this evening.

Now we just see how quickly heals.

Thats good news. Best wishes to her, bet it’s good to be home. :slight_smile:

Yep Virve is very happy to be back home.

Just spent the last hour turning the lounge into a bedroom/kitchen so she won’t have to move far tomorrow whilst I’m in work for half a day.

Sounds like she has a diamond in you, taking good care of her means she will heal all the quicker. :smiley:

Best of luck for a speedy recovery. She’ll be racing around on crutches in no time, then you’ll REALLY have to watch your step, I hear crutches can hurt if you get in the way of one being swung by a woman with intent!

Interesting update today from the cops.

One witness, although they can’t be 100% sure, thinks the driver was on his mobile so the police are checking his phone records.

If he was, that escalates it to dangerous driving.

An interesting development. If he was on the phone, they should seriously throw the book at him.

If you had known this at the time I bet you would have had a job resisting the urge to take that phone and shove it up his rear. Sideways.

… I really hope that when they throw the book at him it bounces off his head!!

Hope she heals quick :frowning:

Just got back from a meeting at the scene with the solicitor.

He reckons it’s going to be a 75-85% in favour of Virve for the compensation claim but most likely we will have to take it to court.

When he got there Surrey council were putting a Warning Filtering sign on the lamp post about 30 yards from where Virve was hit.

Apparently been planned for a while.

Thank you very much to you all, I am slowly on the mend (if the itchiness is anything to go by).

Sorry, I’ve run out of words (just wrote quite a long introduction of myself on the newbies section…)

Hi all,

just another quick update.

Got the wheel chair delivered and have managed to get Virve out of the house yesterday and today to take her out for lunch, it wipes her out (slept for 4 hrs yesterday and looks like the same today) but getting out into the fresh air and sunshine really perks her up.

Legs still giving her pain at night but it seems to be improving slowly. Now she just wants to get her leg fully plastered, hoping that it will be early next week, so she can get the dog back out of kennels.

Edit: just realised i’m signed in with Virve’s account, whoops.

Tim

Sorry to hear this, and hope your wife gets better soon.

Also dont know if it’s been mentioned but its about 10 grand for a broken leg once the driver admits liability.

Get well soon

Was on this stretch of road the other day with Mrs Gsxr (our local area, great roads for a blast) , filtering the same as your good lady, nearly had a similar incident, everyone was so frustrated with queues the cars were turning left, right and u turns.

Bikers nightmare.

Hope she recovers soon.