A nice ride turned into my worst nightmare

I’m just catching up with LB and was shocked to read this. I do hope the op is a success and your wife makes a full recovery.

That’s Bilbo’s at Blindley Heath, near Lingfield in Surrey – interbreeding country – did the driver have six fingers on each hand? I’ll bet if you had seen his feet they would have been webbed – shouldn’t allow the local mental defectives to drive cars.

Glad to hear V is not more seriously hurt. As for the accusations of speeding - make the point, as backed up by your photographs, that the bike and rider ended up within feet of a sideways impact - not possible if she had been going any real speed at all. The more evidence that she was riding cautiously the better. BTW, it looks like V did a flip on impact, but surely cartwheeling would require a greater impact velocity? :wink:

sorry to hear about this, hope your wifes leg gets better soon!

Terrible news :frowning:

Speedy recovery to your wife.

Just seen this now. Terrible news. I do hope your wife recovers quickly with no complications. Good on her for thinking of the next bike. I can vouch for Ridersupport as well. Good that you have a plethora of witnesses, but to be honest I would have lost it if the driver started lying to me like that. Good on keeping your cool!

Sorry to hear of this, hope that she heals quickly. And a very big well done for maintaining your cool.

Thanks all.

Just got back from the hospital, Virve is in good spirits and could be home as early as Monday if they can put a cast on her leg.

She just wishes the accident was on video because she doesn’t agree with my scores of 7.5 for content and only a 6 for the landing :smiley:

We have spent quite a lot of the afternoon discussing which bike is next so she will be back on the road soon enough.

Anyway she’ll be talking to you all next week, she joined the forum last week but just hadn’t really had a chance to start posting. I’m sure she will make up for it over the coming weeks.

Her username is FinV but she now hopes she can change it to the FlyingFin, Admin any chance?

Best wishes to the wife, and a speedy recovery.

Hope the cager gets a dangerous or at least a careless driving summons.

Wow, this is shocking… I hope Virve gets well soon.

I have to say i have a lot of respect for you for keeping things in the real world and not throwing a psycho at the driver. Somehow im not sure I would be able to keep my cool :unsure:

I think its a good thing, your setting a good example for us all, and more importantly your focus right now should be on your wife and caring for her and supporting her so she can make a quick recovery. I hope she recovers fast and can come home on Monday as planned.

10 years ago when I first got together with Virve I made a promise that I’d think before I used my fists and it’s something I have tried to stick to, we met at a very weird and not good point in my life.

I spoke to the RPCSO today and got a few more details of what went on, have to admit I don’t remember much from seeing V get hit to being by her side.

Again a big thanks to the bloke in the white shirt.

From his account what happened was as Virve got hit, I was still moving, I dumped/jumped off the bike and ran across her downed bike to her. Apparently I then turned on the driver and started to raise my hand holding my helmet (god knows when I took that off) Bloke in the white shirt then shouted at me and I just turned away and went back to Virve.

I still don’t know if it was him shouting or my mind wining over my heart telling me I needed to be with my wife rather than sitting in a cell but whatever it was a big shout out to him.

Trying to get his details so I can at least send him a bottle of Scotch

Sorry to hear that Mate. I hope she will get better very soon and see you both on a rideout soon

sorry to hear of this! hope for for a speedy recovery and anice new ride !:slight_smile:

I’m so sorry to read about you and V,s ordeal. Top marks for keeping your cool, just. Best wishes to Virve for a speedy recovery.

Awlful news, hope she gets well soon xx

Just got back from the hospital, now the anasthetic has worn off it’s all feeling a bit more painful but everything is looking good for a release tomorrow.

Sister in law went to her nephews birthday party yesterday and got the balloon man to make Virve a get well present :smiley:

Attachments

baloonbike.jpg

quality ballons mate :D:D

you can change her forum name in the contol panel no need for mods to do it, flyin-V sounds good :slight_smile:

Cheers for that mate.

I’ll let Virve make her choice tomorrow, but Flying-V does sound good.

Speedy recovery to your wife mate, hope the leg heals up with no complications.

Best wishes for a quick recovery. Ouch!

Pulla, kosu and iltalehit’s latest nykynan tale. should see her straight. hope she recovers quickly.