Yet another Aussie rider in West London

Hi all,

Got my license back in 2004 in Australia, but have been on hiatus for the past c~7 years. Finally managed to get re-settled in London (with a shiny new permanent visa and everything!) and of course, one of the first things I’ve done was buy a bike. Nothing new or particularly fancy, just a nice little silver 2002 ZZR600. It’s been great for commuting to and from work etc, but I’d like to get it fully serviced and given a thorough going over before I take it for anything longer distance. Can anyone suggest a place where I should get this done? Additionally, I’m interested in fitting a GPS caddy and charger etc. I’ll also be on the lookout for ride-outs etc in the near future if anyone has any suggestions :slight_smile:

Hope to see some people around soon!

Cheers!

i take mine to scorch in watford or to the OMC in vauxhall.  otherwise to Bill Bunn in south ealing, if you want to pay full dealership price.

Pop over for a brew :slight_smile:

Hi mate, where in Oz are you from?

Welcome to LB

Welcome to the madhouse

Cheers everyone, happy to be here :slight_smile:

Hi mate, where in Oz are you from? hogtrumpet
Born and raised in Brisbane, but travelled a bit for sport etc.
Pop over for a brew :) scorch
Cheers mate, might just do that :)
Hi mate, where in Oz are you from? hogtrumpet
Born and raised in Brisbane, but travelled a bit for sport etc.
I've lived all over as well- Tassie, Sydney, Adelaide- my folks are up on the Tweed now.

Welcome.  Why have you chosen  Gesthemene as your username?  

Possibly their name is Olive and they have a truly wonderful garden down below

Possibly their name is Olive and they have a truly wonderful garden down below

TimR
Oh snap, that's so bad it's almost good :P

To answer the original question, it started as a payout on a fairly religious mate almost 20 years ago (yeah, despite claiming to be a devout Christian, he insisted that this was the correct spelling of the garden of Gethsemane). The next time we were at a LAN party, I used this as a nickname to poke fun at him. It kinda stuck from there and I’ve been using it ever since :slight_smile: