Winter is coming.

I sense Martin doesn’t really like GSs… or Ewan… :smiley:

I thought this was London Bikers, what is this snow thing you talk of that hinders you’re riding? Surely, if snow is causing you a problem down here, you’re hob-nobbing with too many city bwankers who have just blown their bonuses on 'snow pack’s and shampoo. Even then, if the snow is giving you grief sitting on a bike, stop snorting it that end!

I’m with you Martin, that shite of them two riding around the world was a joke. I can do that too, with massive back up from the TV crew when shit gets serious…:smiley:

Don’t forget that when Ewan and Charlie made their first documentary, the frames on their bikes cracked, and they got a local welder to fix them. They wanted KTM’s, but were turned down.

For snow riding, I’d want either s small trail bike, like a DT125LC, or a scooter so you can step through them, making it far easier to dismount if knocked off or falling.

Yeah, scooters seem to have so much fun in the snow, I’d definitely go for one of those over a dirt bike. Perhaps depending on whether you want to piss about in the snow or get somewhere.

XD!!! I don’t think Martin likes anything outside KTM hehehe… there is a chap that rode through Alaska in winter on a C90, that should do the trick

not sure the Ewan and Charlie bashing is all that fair, neither was it the point of Martins comment. Ewan and charley DID in fact ride around the world, and then from John O’Groats to the tip of south Africa, with comparatively minimal crew support as it happens, so hats off to you fellas.
Now, all the fuckers that try to emulate them with their twat suits and permanently installed panniers packed full of nothing but passive aggressive angst…THEY can fuck off.

^^^what he said😏

Surely if you insist on riding in the snow what you really want is a Piaggio MP3 - can still filter and use bike parking, but has a third wheel so you don’t fall over? Still not going to stop well on ice though…

A scooter in snow…bad idea as can’t use higher gear to stop rear wheels spinning. If I gets heavy I’ll be borrowing a friends quad bike :slight_smile: