Why drive?

I dont think driving a car is boring! It is boring when your stuck in traffic but I enjoy being out in my car or out on my bike - both put a smile on my face :cool:

You’ve driven a few performance cars then?:wink:

My car is probably faster than my bike, gives me a buzz :w00t: The bike is different, not better but both are very fast and nimble, but the bike wins in traffic.

Blimey! All these car drivers! No wonder the roads are so log jammed.

My commute is 26 miles and I almost always take the bike (rain? – luvvit!), shine, cold (OK – hate it!). The only time I resort to the car is when there is excessive salt, ice or snow.

But rain riding, so long as your waterproofs are good, can be really satisfying. Surely loads of others have had long rides in the rain and got off with that same glow as after a sunny day’s ride? And feeling the back slither a bit when the juice is turned on just adds a bit of spice to stop you from nodding off, doesn’t it? :w00t:

Seriously, it’s probably cheaper to get a cab every time you go shopping than to buy a car.

This morning is a good case in point.

I’d much rather be in a toasty warm jam-jar listening to Jonny vaughan then tippy-toe through the black ice on the rouds around these 'ere parts:cool: