Who cleans your pride and joy?

Hi all, I would do a search for this but the new format doesn’t appear to have a search button yet. I’ve been trying to get Trott Racing to do a full monty for me but he seems booked up at the moment. Any other recommendations to get my CBF1000 all nice and shiny? Some builders have got a few splats of concrete on it so if you know any tricks to get rid of that too it would be a great help.
Thanks

Elbow grease, time and perseverance lol

God himself

Ride in the rain! :wink:

I use SDoc100. It’s very good, far better than Muc Off. In your case with builders, if I were in your shoes, I’d approach them and ask them for a good few quid to cover the cost of cleaning it.

Cleaning my toy is therapeutic. I take my time, always, and if I don’t have a lot of time, I’ll work on one or two areas only, usually the fairing and suspension or tail piece, then leave the engine and wheels for another day.

It’s also a good opportunity to inspect the bike. I’ve noticed bolts that have fallen out, that I would not have noticed otherwise.

+1 for the SDoc100, Aceman recommended this to me too and I when I was my bike at home, this is the only stuff I use. I have a jet washer too so that helps; spray bike with SDoc100, leave to marinade for about 20 mins, spray off with jet wash and that leaves it nice and shiney.
Just need to get more SDoc now haha.

Is it Arfa who has a bike wash near ace cafe?

Concrete’ll be hard to get rid of and it’s probably damaged whatever surface it’s on, too.

When I clean my bike (not frequently) it’s with hot water and washing up liquid, and a scouring pad sponge mostly.

I would avoid using washing up liquid as it has salt in as a rinse agent. You’d be better off using standard liquid hand soap.

If the concrete had set and it is on plastic try using limescale remover.

Pin cleans my bike!
I think with that muc off stuff.

Yeah, I’ve never really got the problem with washing up liquid having salt in it and that being worse than whatever’s in whatever else is being advocated. Besides there being no apparent source for that more credible than a multitude of posts on motorbike forums, I don’t really get why a few minutes of mildly salty water is noticeable compared to an entire winter of it.

What’s this “clean” of which you all speak? :smiley:

I always throughly rinse all the SDoc100 off my toy using this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DJ8GB3U/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It holds * litres of water, uses no electricity, and is not powerful enough to blow the grease out of any bearings. For only £12.99, I think it a bargain.

I clean my own bikes.

My pride and joy cleans herself:

http://www.jamesrichmond.com/moved/scarlett.jpg

I do every few weeks or I get it Valeted at Chiswick Honda a few times a year.

I used to clean it after every ride when it was new. Same with the car, that got washed every week. Not so much now though.

Cleans?

its ok SneakyMcC, we all know the rot would fall apart if you cleaned it !!

+1 for the fairy liquid myth non believers. Ive used hot water with washing up liquid on all my cats and bikes for 20 years and never once have I come accross a problem.

I would usually assume that washing a cat would be quite the task, Sam. But you must have really perfected the technique over those 20 years…

All of those poor cats subjected to such actions…

lol, Bloody spellchecker on my Phone!!!

We have a team approach. One person does the top bit and the other, shorter person scrubs the wheels. We use whatever’s under the sink in warm water and rinse well. If feeling posh we squirt a bit of Muc Off on the worst bits.