Where to find your other half nowadays?

Tinder is ok. It shows you people who are in the vicinity, can be hectic in The City as people commute in from far off places outside of the M25. The text banter you have to master it like being 15 again though so that is a drawback.

Or speed dating, that cuts out a lot of the time wasting as you actually get to meet people without spending so much time on the internet.

1. Own an unreliable piece o’ junk Triumph.
  2. Take said Triumph on a few LB rideouts and spot your intended victim.
  3. Wait for the inevitable breakdown and call your quarry and ask for help.
  4. Target of your affections is now ensnared.

Well, it worked for me, anyway. But admittedly the gender demographics on this site are stacked in my favour :smiley:

Or…

You could just stop looking, be content in who you are, whether that’s as a single bloke or in a partnership. Happy, relaxed people are very attractive and in turn attract others to them x

can’t really give an advice on this as married for 5 years now (met my OH in Latvia at a party), but I have done quite a bit of Wedding Photography and one of the questions I ask the couple when meeting up with them is how they met, and I was surprised to learn that around 30%-40% actually met on a dating website (mostly on match.com), so they do work for some.
Good luck though!

Off topic, are you an IT contractor too? :slight_smile:

This is incredibly sweet, you will find the right girl eventually with this attitude I’m sure :slight_smile:

Get yourself to Butlins for an adult weekend, you may not find the love of your life but you will definitely find one for the night!!!

or you could try just to stand back and watch others

www.comedogging.com

Make it festive https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOAcAXxA7zM

I met my Mrs on a dating web site and we’ve been together for over 3 years. I had a previous relationship from the same site that lasted nearly a year. I made sure a couple of my pictures were on/near bikes so she knew biking is my passion. She’d never been on a bike but since we met we’ve been on lots of tours on my bike. Web sites work, but there’s a numbers game and you need to get on the right site. Get on one of those huge general ones and nothing happens. Better to join something a bit more specific. For example, there are ones for people who read a specific newspaper (at least you agree on your ethics and politics) and there are ones related to hobbies etc. Be open, be yourself and get to know each other via the site and email first. The worst thing to do with your first message is to be pushy, or too serious or to write lengthy paragraphs. Keep is short and very light at first. Then propose short dates, in public places and give them the opportunity to make the date longer or shorter as they wish. I had lots of fun dates and most of the ladies were not for me.

Buy a Ducati.

an interesting read

Firstly thanks for your replies! I thought this thread would drop off the first page pretty quickly.

The “spiderman or batman” approach actually sounds quite interesting. Never thought of anything that simple. It’s always been trying to come up with something witty but has obviously never worked. Thanks for the idea :slight_smile:

I am indeed. Web development for now but planning on switching to C#/.NET if I’m lucky. Learning the stack currently.

Hey! You up to much this weekend? :satisfied: :stuck_out_tongue:

Isn’t that were we met for the first time?

I reckon just breaking into some woman’s appartment and saying Awtom sprau! Kanna! Tikbanna Sandwoh! Badno sera smee? should be enough, don’t you think? “You’re my wife now!..”

Might have a go with Tinder. Just need to make sure that I don’t install Grindr by accident :smiley:

In theory the ‘see someone you like and just ask them out’ sounds like a good approach. Used to work for me occasionally. On one such occasion I met my wife. I could now say ‘be careful what you wish for’ but ten years and two kids later I’m glad I did. You might just not be ready for anything long term yet. When the time is right it’ll happen.

Sorry mate but that’s twaddle. A Ducati puts a serious strain on your relationship due to the time and cost involved in keeping the thing running!

Yes that is true, won’t let me borrow it!

and your honda has been different in that regard? :stuck_out_tongue:

I am still with the penis extension, but you have ignored that option. A ducati, I have to fight the ladies off me every weekend. Maybe I could be dreaming that… :-). Keep smiling, chin up… There is someone out there for everyone, and remember big girls need loving too…

I’ve just started going out with a girl I met via tinder. I’ve met some extraordinary woman on there!

Apparently tinder used to be just a “hook-up” phone app. But its morphed or morphing into a regular dating app. I’m sure there’s a few hookers on there and some of the girls are looking to freeload on your money, but they’re easily weeded out. Early days day for me and my lady (this week), but we’ll see how it goes. :wink:

I haven’t! I’m just trying to find one big enough for me!

I’m in the .NET C# web stack myself, just started contracting 1/2 year ago after 7.5y of perm-ing :wink:

Have you tried Meetups There are bike groups as well as most things you could think of. The bike groups I have seen keep things to a small number, 20 seems to be normal. There are a large number of meets, I counted 79 starting before 7pm and thats just in London today!

Personally speaking, I met my wife on a RAC/ACU bike training course, she was an instructor I was a pupil. So we had a shared interest, a small group and no pressure of the “lurve” type.
After the course the pupils and instructors would adjourn to a pub for a chat and a drink… A Christmas party or two and gosh we are an item, how did that happen?
Prior to that I was in exactly your position so it can happen in the most unexpected places.

Good luck.

A sense of humour! Ladies love that. That with the extension, you’re a winning combination… Success just around the corner. Make sure and update us with the success. Looking forward to reading them…Good luck…