where do u keep your mobile phones on wet days?

Can fully understand not carry hard objects on your person when riding, but I always like to keep my phone on me when riding(especially the twisties) as I do know of a person who had an off, was separated from his bike and lay in a field for over 2 hours with a broken leg, till he was spotted by a cyclist.

never really thought of that. Ive heard a simular story of someone who laid waiting for ages.

Note to self: always keep phone handy on the twisties

u really wana know where I keep mine…?

:smiley:

oh n for those emergancies when you need to call someone from the middle of a field when ur bike is on the other side of the road…I recomend bluetooth!

sandwich bag, in pocket

+1

Mine’s in the map section of my tank bag along with my iPod. Both are then connected into my AutoCom. The tank bag has it’s weather proof cover on in the wet weather.

So far so good as I’ve not had 12V across my brain yet! :slight_smile:

ihe glovebox :stuck_out_tongue:

you forgot the box to stand on to see over ya seat :smiley:

Bluetooth fine as long as your bike isn’t too far away. Bluetooth normally works up to about 30 feet.

I have the Interphone Bluetooth Headsets but keep my mobile in my pocket.

Everything else is either underseat (Puncture repair kit) or topbox (First aid kit, lunch, towel, laptop etc).

n.b. the Interphone Bluetooth Headsets are great. Link up to my Garmin sat nav and my mobile at the same time. Voice dial set on the mobile. Not that I use it to gas while I’m riding. However if I’m stuck at the Blackwall Tunnel going home I can call my friend and ask her to pick up my son from school.

yeah fair point but i’d still rather keep mine away from my body.

the odds of me coming off in view of people i reckon are higher than coming off down a deserted road.

i’ve also heard the urban myth about the biker in the hedgerow…but i guess if you’re saying you ACTUALLY know somebody it happened to then they really were unlucky.

Inside pocket of either my jacket or my leathers, never been an issue. A mate uses a sandwich bag but for some reason i have never bothered following suit. Suppose i should use one seeing as the iphone is a full touch screen.

lol well Ive got a bluetooth helmet n its awesome for music n calling ppl. Never been bothered by rain under my waterproofs…I did my DAS in the pssing rain down in Farnborough. My waterproof trousers soaked through around the crotch area my feet seventually soaked through my waterproof boots n my hands, well lets say I couldnt have got em wetter doing the dishes! my top was bone dry. My mobile sa in my inside left pocket not a drop. My instructor cut the DAS short by 15 minutes n still passed me lol :smiley:

:slight_smile:

akito waterproofs. Swear by em now.

Yep and he actually believes he was very lucky, because although he was calling out, it was only the fact that a cyclist came along he was heard/spotted, all the cars and other bikes could neither see him or hear him.

I get my driver to keep my phone and wallet in the car, and he follows behind at a reasonable distance…

that would be on your old tail tidy i suppose

:stuck_out_tongue:

If you owned a Pegaso Trail or, heaven forbid, the road version*, you could keep it in the tank top storage box that every tester takes the p*ss out of.

(* Why would you buy an Aprilia Strada when you can get a better version of the same thing from Yamaha and get some proper spares back up?)

I usually have everything in my pockets, but with it hammering down when I left yesterday evening I made an exception and put my phone, my ipod, my personal DAB and my memory stick under the seat of the bike wrapped up in the spare dry clothing I keep there. :stuck_out_tongue: