What to do with used oil

Hi all,

Im about to change oil in my bike, but i dont know where to bin old oil.

Does anyone knows?

The local tip

poor into coke bottle and take to local tip

Dont bin it use it on your chain is great lubricant and saves money on chain lube

1. Put the used oil in a large milk jug2) Throw the jug into your wheelie (or shared) bin outside

2. The oil milk carton gets loaded into the back of a dump truck.

3. Carton gets crushed & the oil leaks inside the dump truck.

4. The oil then lubricates the lorry and helps keep it running.

5. Pat youself on the back for helping your local council & more importantly the environment!

Down the drain down the drain down the drain

Down the drain down the drain down the draaaaaaaaaaaain

Or

Down the bog?

lol. Man up and pour some oily shooters :smiley:

Check with your council recycling scheme.

We can use the “green box” we put tins and bottles in for collection - as long as the oil is in a sealed container & labelled.

The recycled oil can be used as fuel once strained. Disposing of it into a water course, or in a way that pollutes land or allows it to spill on a road is a criminal offence.

DOWN IT DOWN IT DOWN IT DOWN IT YOU ZULU WARRIOR. DOWN IT DOWN IT DOWN IT YOU ZULU CHIEF CHIEF CHIEF

At the council i work (harrow) at the tip have a container that is poured into and is free of charge just pain that have to go all the way down there to do it but is recycled as far as i am aware and legal too

Some councils will collect it as part of your recycling if it’s sealed and labelled. Ealing Council do. :slight_smile:

hahahhahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahaha…dare u

LOL:hehe:

a lot of tips have a big hopper type recepticle to pour the oil into. depending what you drain it into you can just take it in that and pour it straight in.