What festive treats do you look forward to?

Just for a change I’m not thinking about just cake;):smiley:

This morning I’ve been out food shopping with Mrs CM and realised there are a few things that I only ever eat over the Chrimbo Holiday.

I only ever eat red cabbage on Boxing Day, never any other time of year.

Just wondered if you had a special fave food you only eat over Xmas apart from the obvious Christmas Pud and Cake etc… mmmmm Cake;):D:D:D

Bit of an obvious one but mince pies :w00t: the proper home made ones though with puff pastry, mmmm dribbles on keyboard :stuck_out_tongue:

Mmmmmm… pickled red cabbage with jacket spuds and salad and stuff… :slight_smile:

I only eat it boxing day, too.

Cheesy Balls :wink:

chipolatas

Hahaha, I was thinking along the same lines Debz :smiley:
I prefer mine salted though :wink:

pigs in a blanket

I think food is the best part of christmas!! I love all christmas associated foods…

Mince Pies, xmas pud, pigs in blankets, brussel sprouts, cranberry sauce… etc

And Twiglets… why do we only eat twiglets at xmas? And those cheesey bite things!!!

I think I actually prefer Boxing day dinner; cold meats /stuffing left over from xmas day, home made chips, pickle, baked beans…ohhhhh I’m so excited!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Festive treat?

I’m looking forward to a moist one all year round.

Get your minds out of there. I’m on about cake. :wink:

I’m with tiggi on this one its got to be those flaky pastry mince pies with the sugar on the top mmmmmmmmmmmm

And …bread sauce that stuffs gorgeous with turkey:P

Mmmmmm, pigs in blankets. lovely. :D:D:D:D

Ooh I forgot…Sprouts:D

What is it about them? I avoid them like the plague the rest of the year but would kick off big time if I didn’t find them on my Chrimbo Dinner:D

Christmas Afternoon wouldn’t be the same without the usual question… “Pwoar…Was that you?”;):P:D:D:D

Ooh I forgot…Sprouts What is it about them? I avoid them like the plague the rest of the year but would kick off big time if I didn’t find them on my Chrimbo Dinner

Christmas Afternoon wouldn’t be the same without the usual question… “Pwoar…Was that you?”

lmao… you plum sprouts are pets. NOT JUST FOR XMAS :stuck_out_tongue: Whats a pig in a blanket?

I haven’t had a proper home cooked meal in ages - I pretty much live off ready meals, beans, toast and take aways. Getting very hungry now - best thing about christmas is the dinner.
Home made yorkshire puds - incredible. Then turkey sandwiches for the next 3 days after christmas - can’t wait :smiley:

Parsnips

Good man. They are my favourite too! :cool:

Parsnips, Hate them. And hate the way they fool you into thinking they’re a roast potato and make you take a bite before realising! :angry:

I’m in on that - theyre delicious.

Surely you don’t just eat them at Christmas?

I love em too, specially the pointy bit when its all crispy and “caramelised”;):smiley:

What are pigs in blankets!! mods I think he shold be removed for an offensive comment like that!!

it’s basically a mini chipolata wrapped in bacon!!