Wet Wednesday roll call

Morning all

Thankfully working from home today so I’m not out in it!  Ride safely all and have a good day…

Abzero
Aceman
AndyCr15
Arfa
Art
Bang2Rights
banman - LB’s designated bike lifter
BigD
Big Red S
Blade
bluelagos
BobbyR1
Bespectacled Boris (is back)
brains_t
Cactus- AKA The Beard
ChrisB
Changyammi
Cypher
DangerousB
Eezie
Geoff B
GSXRAng
Hannibal
hogtrumpet
IanWilliamson
IMORTAL_Indian
Ironman
Janey
Jay
Jax the unphotographable
JesteR6
Jetstream
Kevsta
KTM D
makman
Marmablade
me_groovy the saga continues
Michael
Miggy
mole
Motodrb
nails
National Treasure
Nic
nivag
Panagiotis
pawel
Pricetta
Rixxy
Rosso
Rusty99
Scorch
SeanV4
Shaunicous
SilveR6
Slacker
Slan aka Speedy Gonzales
Stevie78
Stuart Fordyce
Szymon
T cat
TDJ
Tiggi
TimR
TheOC
The Sleeper
TimmyFox - 2015 Poo sticks champion
TheUnforgiven
Toony
Treacle
Triang - Ross
Tromboman
VelcroHead - Red Stripe on his Cornflakes
VonWestie
Whereisgibson
WildBoy
Wise
Yourebarred
Zander
Zine - last one on the list unless… Zorro appears

Morning. It’s one of those days where I’m glad to be driving!

Morning, have to take dog to the vet, otherwise I’d still be asleep.
It is wet.

It must’ve been electrical Rain today cos every car on the road had problems, none of their indicators or mirrors were working!!!

Morning all - was only drizzling for me. Still getting the hang of this choke on the bike; bike manual says turn it all the way on, but last couple of time it fires then dies; so it needs a little less…sure i’ll get used to it soon.

The choke should be relatively binary - either it’s on or it’s off, there’s not supposed to be the notion of only getting the right amount of choke. Sounds like something needs cleaning.

Morning all! BIke bays were nice and empty :slight_smile:

morning

picked a learner up this morning lucky for him both he and his bike was ok

Morning all

Hello LB world.

The choke should be relatively binary - either it's on or it's off, there's not supposed to be the notion of only getting the right amount of choke. Sounds like something needs cleaning.

Morning all! BIke bays were nice and empty :slight_smile:

Big Red S
hmmm, ok - will experiment tomorrow morning..when you say something needs cleaning - you mean the air filter?

or carbs

GOOD MORNINGS LONDON

Proper raining here for the day off.

Ride safe out there.

@Abzero - The choke works by means of a butterfly disk in the carburettor venturi the more choke the less air gets through. Too little choke is normally better than too much, try starting at half choke, if that don’t work try a little more until it does. Don’t let the engine crank over for too long without firing as the risk is it will flood. Once started back the choke off just a little before setting off. Then back it off as the engine warms up. The manual suggests full choke probably because its too complicated to explain the amount of choke required to start a cold engine on a cold morning since it depends on too many factors such as how cold (dense) the incoming air is. How cold (dense) the fuel is. How much moisture is in the incoming air:fuel mixture etc.

Working in the rain today… Joy!

Ah yeah - more characterful bikes ought to have an enigmatic choke. But most modern (>'70s) bikes are supposed to be okay with the choke operated like a switch. It’s not necessarily a bad thing if there’s a knack to it if you don’t mind getting the hang of it.

And, yeah, I meant carb. The proper fix is to upgrade to fuel injection :slight_smile:

Good Morning!

Gah. It’s grim. Dropped off for MOT and check the clutch cable. On the train in soaked gear :smiley: who wants to huddle up now :smiley:

@NT / @BRS - ok thanks for the info; both times its done this have been either warming morning or the warm afternoon (rather than the <4c starts i’ve been doing.) The start has always been “fire, slight pause, up to 3000rpm” just yesterday and today it was “fire, pause, die”. So possibly a well timed blip might be in order, will fiddle once its cooled down again.

Morning, in Whitby and riding back to London
The forecast is for rain all the way 280 miles, I think I might get wet. Still not gone rusty yet

Good morning all, I might be visiting BM later today around 7pm if anyone is there

BM’s basically the “IT workers who commute by bike” meet - bring the macbook and see if anyone can fix it :slight_smile: