Wet Wednesday morning roll call

Howdy humans.

I’m looking to upgrade my toy.  When I put photos of it up, should I allow the number plate to be displayed?

Let’s be careful out there.

Abzero
Aceman
Aiesman
AndyCr15
Arfa
Art
Asbo B
Bang2Rights
banman
Ben_Sir_Amos
BigD
Big Red S
Bigty
Bikergirl_400
Blade
bluelagos
BobbyR1
Boris
brains_t
Cactus
CBR500R Commuter
Changyammi
ChrisB
Curtis
Cypher
DangerousB
EddieSV
Eezie
ExcelsiorHenderson5
fatkat
FlowWolf
Geoff B
Ginger
GSXRAng
Hannibal
hellfire2260 
h-magic
Hold Da Kæft
hogtrumpet
IanWilliamson
IMORTAL_Indian
Ironman
Jaime
Janey
Jay
JAX
JesteR6
Jetstream
Kevsta
KTM D
MAD-DOG Dhofty
makman
Marmablade
me_groovy
Michael
Miggy
mole
Motodrb
Mr C
nails
National Treasure
Nic
Nine Mile
nivag aka sand king
ORBNOXIOUS
Panagiotis Pat
Pinhead
Pricetta
Redwez
Ricky
Rixxy
Rosso
Rusty99
Scorch
SeanV4
Serrisan
Shaunicous
SilveR6
Slacker
Slan
Smiled
Squishbang
Steve…
Stevie78
Streetdouble
Stretch
Stuart Fordyce
Szymon
T cat
TDJ
Terry-Mot
The Cat
Tiggi
TimR
The Duc
TheMonkey27
The Sleeper
TheUnforgiven
TimmyFox
Toony
Treacle
Triang Ross
Tromboman
UrsaMonster
VelcroHead
Von
Westie
Whereisgibson
WildBoy
Win98se
Wise
Yourebarred
Zander
Zine last on the list unless…
Zorro signs on

Morning. Got an email from my MP in relation to the email I sent her about Motorcycle/Moped crime, saying she intends to raise the issue to Amber Rudd in Parliament.
That is today’s singular positive.

Aceman: Howdy humans. I'm looking to upgrade my toy. When I put photos of it up, should I allow the number plate to be displayed? Let's be careful out there.
Personally I'm cautious when posting the plate. Though if someone is interested you should give them the plate as they'll be able to check the MOT history or if there is any finance on the bike.

Morning all. Quiet day today and using warm car!

Morning LB Family… just got into work as the water started falling from the skies… Has stopped now, but have the waterproof onsie for the ride back :slight_smile:

Not sure if I saw PLUM riding into London this morning…over London Bridge at about 9:00am??  However it was, she had nice CHEEKS :-)

Morning. Got an email from my MP in relation to the email I sent her about Motorcycle/Moped crime, saying she intends to raise the issue to Amber Rudd in Parliament. That is today's singular positive. UrsaMonster
Amber Rudd will say words, but it is action that is needed, and May & Rudd are big on words, but follow up action is sadly none existent.

Morning all.

I googled 'ground anchor petition ’ and found a .gov.uk page which said someone had started a petition but it was rejected on the grounds that TfL are responsible. As they answer to the London Assembly, has anyone followed their petition process?

Afternoon all, woke up on time for a change! 

with regards the number plate, hiding it can look shifty on an advert but realistically if scrotes wanted to clone your plate they could do it from you riding past at any time. You’re gaining a tiny sliver of security by hiding it but losing more potential buyers. I’ve never hidden mine and also never had a problem. This includes loads of photos of my bike on my facebook which are public posts. 

I googled 'ground anchor petition ' and found a .gov.uk page which said someone had started a petition but it was rejected on the grounds that TfL are responsible. As they answer to the London Assembly, has anyone followed their petition process? yourebarred
I would expect a similar result, as TfL are not responsible for anything other than red routes.  And although that includes some out-of-hours parking provision, mainly bays in bus lanes, I doubt it includes any dedicated motorcycle ones.

Sadly it is a matter for the councils, all 33 of them, separately.

And though TfL can come up with standards and practices, like their Urban Motorcyle Design Handbook, they have no power over the councils to make them take any notice.

Personally I think it would be better to petition the government and GLA to get the Home Office and mayor to fund it through the police as a crime prevention issue, rather than just a quality of parking provision one that was why the other petition was rejected.  The savings that could be made from fewer crimes, both the bike theft and the use of scooters in committing further crimes, should far outweigh the relatively low cost of installing anchors.

Afternoon Peeps

Got the tube today, can only take so much rain.

acemAn - Your cat’s not happy with you LOL

I would expect them to bounce it back to the 33 councils. In that case, maybe a change.org one would be better, addressed to everyone you mention?

Evening all. Late check-in here. Work’s crazy, need to slide the dial back to the life side of the work/life slider.

Evening. Long day!