Waterproof over trousers!

yeah, wouldn’t trust non-bike boots for anything over 40mph.

Inspired by this thread, I just bought these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252000554423 look like they’ll be a lot easier to put on and off.

I’m giggling at you buying a ‘large’ Mian :wink:

Thank you guys for the suggestions - Army surplus didn’t come to mind at all but makes sense and it’ll probably be harder wearing than some of the bike kit out there.

Have just ordered from that website mentioned and will let you know when I get it! Although bought two T-shirts =D

I need large for my thighs :frowning:

can’t find any kevlar jeans that fit me at the mo for the same reason

A few years ago I bought a pair of army surplus gore tex over trousers and they kept me dry until the crotch seams kind of wore and started to leak, I don’t think the surplus gore tex trousers were really designed to cope with the stresses/vibrations of sitting and riding a motorcycle seat for a long time, shame because they only cost me like £20 and the rest of the trouser works a treat.

My old (I used to nickname) “teletubbie suit” one piece frank thomas waterproof thing I used to store under my rear seat (back in the day when bikes had storage space under the rear seat) lasted many more winters, but it did cost more and is as breatheable as a Lidl plastic bag.

The theory is the cold rain flowing over the non-breathable surface keeps you cool enough to prevent perspiration. A theory I don’t prescribe to if your wearing them for longer than 30 minutes. If its not breathable eventually you’ll end up with a sweaty down below, covering both types of tackle there, unless its vented in which case the vents will eventually let the wetter in.

I used a pair for two years on a 30 minute commute. OK in the rain for 30 minutes, if its not raining don’t bother.

Conclusion they’ll probably get you seen, unless your hiding out in a field of oilseed rape, for everything else in this price band the MOD surplus wins the cigar or is that takes the biscuit. Now I’m wondering why I even mentioned them in the first place.

Sorry non hi vis for me are Berghaus deluge … (procurred from a rig worker as its what shell give out ) brilliant as 3/4 length zips so getting on and off easy … goretex .
Hi vis cant remember make but again procurred from Heathrow airport ground crew …
Jacket is ex police goretex .

Just thought I’d say…

I ordered the Desert Camo waterproofs from that website. They work well so far. Obviously I can’t say for a years time, but they are decent. Water beads up on it. Gore Tex too. £15 well spent, though it came with a £7 postage charge… fortunately I ordered two tshirts to make up for it.

Assuming the website you ordered from was http://www.britishmilitarysurplus.co.uk/

You could have rang them on 01268 729 233 to arrange a visit to their warehouse in Basildon

That’s the website I used. I will put it on my to-visit list if I’m ever over those parts but it was a little far to go to on a CG125 from West London especially as I’m pretty busy usually. Is it a big warehouse-shop or is it best to know what you want before you go? i.e. can you wander around or is it more like Toolstation where you order at a counter?

To be fair even after postage it was still a good buy. Just being a bit cheap , probably when I shouldn’t be! :stuck_out_tongue:

Its never cheap to look after the pennies

I’ve never been there but I’m told you can order and collect. Not generally open to the public but if you ring and arrange a visit I’m sure they’ll accommodate in return for some free praise on a local motorcycle forum