Washing textiles

What delicates do you have Tim? :wink:

Well we have seen a photo but have promised not to share it

@ Jetstream   I-m calling custard, pm me the picture, might even have one to share back !!

I think my washing machine does a cleanse wash so I’ll do that first and afterwards

Used Nikwax wash for second time now and it’s cleaned my jacket even less than the first time round. Rubbish!
Might try some of the other stuff, as nikwax just isn’t getting rid of any dirt at all.

Wash mine at the same time would you?

You have a hiviz patchs  on your jacket
It won’t ever clean up anywhere near what you expect

I guess the other question is just how dirty does it have to be before you risk the waterproofing?

Wasn’t impressed with nikwax either, considering doing a delicate wash with normal soap and then nikwax on my next textile wash, comments welcome.

You could spray it with the water repellent stuff. It works on ski gear but not sure how often you would need to ‘refresh’ it for motorcycle gear.

You could spray it with the water repellent stuff. It works on ski gear but not sure how often you would need to 'refresh' it for motorcycle gear. ShaunC
My ski gear gets washed with normal stuff once the seasons over and after three years has not needed any additional proofing