Washing machines....

Oh absolutely, it either has to be worth doing financially, or worth doing for the challenge.

My Uncle fixes everything in his house and on his vehicles where he can even if it writes off a whole weekend. For some reason the thought of getting someone else to fix it never occurs to him. I suppose if you have the skills.

Years ago, when I tried to fix my washing machine, I did it for the challenge and didnt have money either. Nearly lost my heartbeat as well as it propelled me across the kitchen. It electrocuted me, the bastard, it should have disconnected itself first. :slight_smile:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ pr1ck lol :smiley:

rpmsl still.

stop it, its not funny

sowry :rolleyes:

well it wasn’t funny at the time - while being electrocuted, i couldn’t let go of it :smiley:

Fixed plenty of washing machines over the years. The only near fatal repair incident was trying to repair a digital camera. It had sat inert for months before I took it apart and accidentally shorted the flash capacitor. If the ceiling wasn’t there I suspect the camera would now be in orbit!

If its not spinning because the drum is full of water, (ie not draining) it might be something as simple as the filter is blocked with gunk.
Dont know if the newer ones are the same but those ive had, have a flip down cover near the base. There will be a big plastic screw type filter which collects all the hair, fluff & 50p’s that would otherwise find its way into the water outlet pipe.

They are very useful for washing your nurse’s outfit in Big Vern :slight_smile:

+1 what he said ^^^^^^

Could be a sock in the filter.

If it’s something more than that then it’s probably inbuilt obsolescence

A man is walking behind his wife and says,
“Baby, your ass is getting so fat, it’s looking like a washing machine.”
The woman keeps quiet and keeps walking.
Bedtime comes around, the man is asking for sex.
The woman says:
“I’m not starting the washing machine for such a small load.
You’ll have to hand-wash it!”