Voltra electric bike design

Many members of society are firmly of the belief that the future of personal transport lies with electric vehicles. If this is the case, then we should soon be seeing electric bikes that could, loosely, be labelled beneath the ‘streetfighter’ banner, much like this design project undertaken by Dan Anderson.

The ‘Voltra’ is a design study by Australian Dan, undertaken during his industrial design degree.

Consequently, there’s not actually a running Voltra as yet, but with electric vehicles very much in the limelight, it’s only a matter of time before we see a production electric bike along these lines.

Of course, there are those people who say that the so-called green electric vehicle is no such thing, given the environmental debt inflicted by the mining of the rare metals required to manufacture the high tech batteries, and the fact that those batteries will need to be regularly charged too. Of course, time will tell what happens with private transport…

Nice bit of design - shows electric can look aggressive - but I can’t imagine an electric ever sounding aggressive - if it makes much of a sound at all.

Much as I totally support the switch from petrol internal combustion to electric or some other source of power I can’t help but feel that the sound a motorbike makes is a key part of a motorbikes identity - losing the sound of internal combustion and exhaust would be a major loss to what makes a motorbike a motorbike.

yeah it would loose the main attraction to riding i think so maybe make a prototype of this with a big v twin lump haha