Uses for Brake and Clutch cleaner?

I got 3 cans of Triple Qx Brake and Clutch Cleaner on special. I now don’t know what to actually use them for apart from the obvious?!!

I’ve been reading that they shouldn’t be used to clean the bike chain (which was what I thought I’d get it for).

It’s a bit to snort so is there another use??

Love brake cleaner. I use it to clean off any stubborn dirt when cleaning. It’s brilliant all around the engine, suspension and wheels.

Yeah, don’t use it on your chain. Nearly anything else is good for that.

Perfect for when you run out of shower gel as well!

Do you spray it directly on to the dirt or on to a cloth first to clean? Is it OK to use on the rims?

I normally spray it directly onto whatever needs cleaning. Yes, onto the rims. It’s great at getting grime off.

I love the smell of break cleaner…but I’m not addicted, I can stop anytime I want

1 Like

really good if you’ve a metal extraction hood in your kitchen. You would not believe how filthy they get inside and on top. Bit of brake cleaner on that really does the job. Imagine it would work pretty good for the oven trays too

1 Like

If you must use a spray to clean your chain use WD40 or better one of the cheaper maintenance sprays, the cheaper the better for chain cleaning because they contain less additives and are mainly paraffin which just happens to be the best known chain cleaner to mankind.

edit: Sell off the surplus brake and clutch cleaner at Borough Market or other bike meet up :wink: