Yes

Oh well, better get a new phone.

LOL! Poor Sam :smiley:

Worked on my iphone 6. :slight_smile:

Bad luck Sam dude! :frowning:

LOL. I’m not going to become an Apple Bitch! Android rocks. :slight_smile:

Got it working I see. Nice one.

On my Lap Top, Not the phone :frowning:

thats weird, i can update profile pic from my nexus tablet (running 5.1.1)

If I click on my username on the recent topics list I go to /big red s which appears to be something of an account/profiie page (and I can set an avatar)
If I click on my username in the top bar thingy, I go to /big+red+s which returns a 404
If I click on the three stripes menu thingy, then ‘Your Account’ I get a page with two buttons (“Change your password” and “Manage external logins”) but not much else.

I’m guessing the intention is that in the future they will all go to the same page, which has all that functionality in one place?

Thanks Big Red S. The account page is not the same as your profile page, this will stay as is for now. It’s more a settings area rather than personal details, which is what the profile is for (I need to add in a link for this page to the menu).

It would seem you’ve found a bug with the top-left username link. This shouldn’t result in a 404. There’s some url-mangling going on. I’ll fix it. Thanks!

update. avatar looks fine on the pc but on my windows phone its squished. same goes for all the other avatars btw. not able to post a screenshot as i dont know how, i’m sure you’ll be good enough to picture it in your mind Jay :smiley:

silveR6, Odd, though I need your help as I don’t have access to a Windows Phone… here’s how you take a screenshot on a Windows Phone. Please send it to [email protected].

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/how-to/wp8/photos/take-a-screenshot

LOL thanks, i meant i didnt know how to post it in here :smiley:
email will be sent shortly.

It’s a bit tricky, in general, to read longer topics, for a couple of reasons:

• There’s no way to get to the last page of a topic from the list of topics. Each row has four links, one to the first page of the topic, one to the profile of the user that started it, one to the profile of the last user to post, and one to the index of the subforum in which the topic was posted. Once a thread is more than a page long I generally don’t want to go to any of those places. I don’t really see the point in the links to the profiles, especially not at the expense of getting to the bit of the thread where the conversation is. Much as it would be counter-intuitive, I think it would be actually more useful for the link in the ‘Last Post’ column to take you to the last page or post in the thread. Certainly for me the forum doesn’t move fast enough that I’d frequently end up on the wrong page (and pagination in the old forum was broken anyway).

• I get an email every time anyone replies to a thread that I’m subscribed to, not just one notification between visits. This is irritating.

• What we have as pagination buttons in the threads (the “first”, “prev”, “next” and “last”) appear below the first post of the thread, so when I want to get to the last page of a thread for some reason, I can’t just open the page and click somewhere predictable - I need first to scroll down and find the buttons. Is there a reason they’re not above it? Or in the otherwise largely empty top bar?

• I see that I can add p=3 to the get vars to get to the third page of a thread, is there some equivalent that’d always take me to the last one (p=last perhaps)?

Big Red S, the lack of a short-cut to go to the last unread post or even the last page in a thread is not a design decision. The reason we don’t have those features is because they haven’t been developed yet, but will be. The current priority is to get private messaging back and is being developed at the moment.

To do things like not deliver subsequent notifications until you’ve visited the thread again, or to allow you to read the first unread post in a thread means the development of a data structure and mechanism to track those views and then extensions to the notification and page rendering components. This is pretty exciting stuff from a development point of view but not trivial. It’ll come after the PM feature for sure, it’s real important.

For now you will just have to use your old friend, your finger… click on the thread link, then click the ‘last’ button. It’s not too much effort :slight_smile:

Point taken about the pagination controls under the OP. I’ll explore this.

You have written the code for getting to the last page of a thread, though - each thread has, some unpredictable distance down it, a link to the last page. I don’t see how that isn’t a design decision.

You have to think about something to make a decision about something, and I didn’t, so it wasn’t intentional :slight_smile: It’ll come.

@Big Red S, your username links should all now work. I settled on a single style of encoding usernames that hopefully looks better than the default nasty encoding approach (lot’s of %20’s, etc).

minor thing. but at the moment to go to the last page you need to click on topic scroll past first post and then click on last
what about while looking at the threadlist: clicking the name of the author could go to the first page and clicking on the name of the last reply could take you to the last page.
clicking on mambers avatar can still take you to his/her profile

That’s kinda what we were just talking about Panagiotis, getting to the first unread post and the last page in a thread. Controls to go to those places are coming. How links are shown to those things isn’t something I’ve thought about yet so it’s worth talking about.

In terms of UX though, it would be confusing for most people to click on a name, expecting to see more about that person, only to be taken some place else. I think what will be better is direct links to those things. I’m not sure how that will look right now but we’ll get there. We may have to play around with it a bit, so nearer the time we can discuss it.