Upcoming Feature List

Added some old emoticons that were being used in old posts, so they now show again instead of broken image icons.

Jay…your latest post on this thread was an hour ago but it says ‘last updated last monday at 8am?’

Mmmm, not anymore it doesn’t, in the forum listing it’s a few mins ago, i.e. for your post. I’ll check the logs. Thanks.

Just fixed a few issues. A couple being that usernames for new members now have to be three characters long minimum and have to use numbers or letters (no spaces or extra characters). Passwords have to be eight characters long minimum. Of course we’d recommend not having to use a password in the first place but 8 is the optimum amount to make attacks on the encrypted passwords infeasible.

Jay, we’re getting used to it now and sorry we upset you by moaning. Sure it will all be fine when all yer hard work pays off. The initial hurdle of getting on at all was contributing to the grumpy posts :frowning:

Dont worry Jay, Ive had words with Mrs J and have now gaffer taped her critical tendencies to the bed head. So normal service will be resumed when I`ve had my dinner…

LOL. Much obliged. It’s onwards and upwards from here :slight_smile:

P.S. Don’t forget to feed her.

She doesn’t need feeding, I cooked her a glorious stir-fry for her dinner. She’s also a bit of a fat lass anyway.

Currently sucking on a preying mantis to assuage the cravings for a ciggie so she’ll be fine.

is the search function missing? Had to start a new thread for our Ron Haslam day out as I couldnt be bothered to scroll through loads of pages to find the original one

Yep, search is on the feature list.

I’ve just tweaked the post control so you can now spell-check using your browsers built in spell-checker.

Also added in some advisory information to the post control to let you know we recommend embedding images from Imgur at the moment. This is until we get our own image upload feature added in.

As it stands, threads you have visited are no longer bold, could they revert to bold if new posts have been made on them since your last visit? hence highlighting new thread content without you having to follow the thread?

^^^ ditto.

^ditto

That’s already in the feature list. We just have basic visited/not-visited for topics atm. We’ll add in support for unread replies.

cheers Jay. awesome.

It’d be really good to have a way of attaching a date to a ride-out thread so that you can have a list somewhere of “ride outs this Sunday” or something.

I tried to hack together something that parsed the huge variety of human-friendly dates and guess as to which format was being used based on the assumption that everything was a date in the next six weeks, but it never really worked. It’d be great to have an ical feed, or some view somewhere that just lists them in order of the date of the rideout rather than in order of the date of the last reply, but for that you need something computer-understandable.

Not, I appreciate, something for the top of the priorities list :slight_smile:

This sort of thing is something I’d love to add in Big Red S, some kind of post extension. Totally possible, would just like to find a way to make extensions for posts, ie a ride out, a poll, a gallery, etc.

I’ve added it to the list. Thanks!

some other things to consider,

• could we incorporate #tags within the posts? i didnt really like how tags worked on the old site. few ever used them and even if they did they were at the botton of the post.
  • similar to the above @username links?
  • can we add a favourites section (like populal and latest)?
  • can we keep a history of edited posts?(a’la facebook)

keep up the good work!

Could we have a Calendar on the side like you have on Outlook Email and then whoever oranises Rideouts, meets etc can put it on the Calendar and then there is a reminder on the calendar telling you what is going on that week/weekend

Panagiotis, mentions (@Usernames) are coming. Hashtags haven’t been planned but could be. We’d need to give this some thought as you’re right, they didn’t work well before.

By favourites do you mean YOUR favourites? I.e. you mark a post as a favourite? Likes and favourites are planned.

The last edit time of a post is tracked and displayed currently. Do you envisage anything beyond this? I’ll update the OP with the missing points from this post.