Unity Ride III - 17/08/2008

the highest rider no. i saw was ~1400 :slight_smile:

My number was higher than that - however, they didnā€™t start from zero - I understand there were 501 registrations before the day.

Nice video, Redz. I got quite a few RR guys in shot in the photo gallery. I was getting a snarl off one guy though, not sure why. Perhaps he doesnā€™t like his photo taken?

Few pics

Attachments

DSC00263.JPG

pugsy.JPG

group--8589825421852735323.JPG

Just like to add my thanks to all those involved in the organisation of this great ride outā€¦:DThe time and effort this must take taken must have been immense !!

Roll on unity 4ā€¦

And as a added bonus i got some LB stickers for my lid and bike !! :cool:Stay safe and thanks again.

Iā€™d also like to give my thanks to the organisers. It was a great day.

Great pics Jay!! Proberly thought you was police and the entire ride was an elabrate set up to photograph his slightly smaller than legal number plate! Nah, all the RR guys are real cool and friendly we just look angry because were so in secureā€¦ LOL:hehe:

I love the pic of the super stretch gixer with all the RR on board!

Hehe, fair enough :slight_smile:

[quote]
RedZ (18/08/2008)

Oh my days!!! What torture, my bike is definately not designed for -4mph riding! LOL I was in agony and not knowing how far we were going I wondered IF I would actually make it or have to colapse and die. BUT what a day!! It was all definately worth it, good to see some LB faces, I wonder how many bikes there were, anyone wanna guess?

Here is some footage from the day I attempted at editing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45SpixNsEoc[/quote]Nice video:)

I agree - great video :cool:

Hi there

Just joined the site this morning (3 minutes ago!) although I live in Drayton, Hampshire. Came up to London with the Bury Hill Bikers (BHB).

Attended the event last year and thought it was amazing, so started up a topic on the forum, ā€œanyone want to join Tags for the Unity Ride 2008?ā€ and, I am pleased to say, it escalated from there. Managed to persuade 29 bikers (plus some pillions) to join us at Bury Hill/Destination Triumph, Washington on Sunday EARLY!! :slight_smile: The weather was good to us, although the roads were wet, and we picked up another couple of guys on the M25, J10 on bridge (great to see them waiting!) and two more along the way.

We had a great ride up to the ā€˜Ace Cafeā€™; some of the riders had never been there before and from the comments on the BHB forum, after the ride, there will be a lot more visitors from our ā€˜neck of the woodsā€™ :smiley: I visited the ā€˜Aceā€™ maybe, 7 or 8 times last year, so you could call me a ā€˜regularā€™ from the South! Not afraid of all that riding and getting up very early on a Sunday morning :hehe:

Was amazing, once again, although somewhat very tiring after that unfortunate last leg of the ride through all those busy streets/roads with the four-wheelers!!. Although did an oil change/filter/transmission oil on Saturday evening, had to do another oil change when we got back, as oil was rather dark :w00t:

Thanks again to all the organisers and thanks very much to the guy that put the photos on the gallery - not sure what his name is (please let me know) but he gave me a leaflet and took a photo of my ā€˜Buellā€™.

X1 4 TAGS is my number plate - only had the bike for about three weeks, after changing from an R1 - awesome bike and great fun!

Catch you later ā€¦

im gutted i missed this, been so busy lately didnt know it was on! :frowning:

It was me Tags, welcome aboard :slight_smile:

Thanks - thought it was you :slight_smile:

Are you THE Tags from UKBEG?

Cheers
Tony

Yes I am ā€¦ didnā€™t you notice the avatar piccy ? :slight_smile:

:ermm:

The Wharf Newspaper.

This is in this weeks wharf newspaper.
there are 2 photos in the hard copy on page nine ā€¦the one shown and one my wife took sitting on the back of my bikeā€¦

Pudsey does a fly past at Excel

http://www.unity2.unityride.co.uk/Pudsey-Flypast.html