ULEZ Supermotos

I thought as much gavin. Make more money that way too :rofl:

Panagiotis that riverbank place in the link you posted is where my dad went to get tested :+1:t2:

1 Like

Why isn’t my bike automatically exempted if another one like it has been shown to be?

This is a sticking point. You’d have thought that if a manufacturer can provide a Certificate of Conformity to show that one pre-Euro 3 bike emits less than 0.15g/km of NOx, then every other identical bike on the DVLA’s records should have its data updated to show it is also compliant.

But it doesn’t work like that.

The problem, according to TfL, is that it’s not clear when model changes and updates are made. It’s understandable, since some bikes get given minor tweaks to meet emissions rules without other changes, and continue to use the same model names and designations as their non-compliant predecessors.

However, TfL has told us that if it gets written confirmation, direct from an original manufacturer, that a complete series of vehicles has been made to meet the standard, then it will be possible to exempt them en masse

I’ll find out the exact price for the test when I see my dad but was around £150 iirc.

so where’s the best place to look for used bikes then?
MCN? auto trader? ebay?

I’ve only ever used autotrader and eBay…

The way I see it is autotrader for dealer, eBay for private.

eBay has much more quantity of both though. I’ve sold both bikes on ebay

Also since we are talking SMs, if KTM is in the picture, check KTMforum…

1 Like

I’d second what serrisan said. Facebook you do get a lot turn up on the sm pages but more so the 450’s for track. Prefer the forums because it’s more a closer group but everything is on fb now.

Don’t forget facebook marketplace, can sometimes get some good bargains from people selling urgently.

I quite fancy a supermoto, and being 6’ 5" it would help with the leg room. But 30 mile commute up the A2 every day means it has to be able to handle the distance.