ULEZ exemption

Just to let you all know that i’ve finally got my letter from TFL confirming my bike is now exempt.
Everyone is probably all sorted now but mines a 2003 CBR600RR in case you have one, it worth applying for the Cert of Conformity (Free from Honda) and get it off to TFL.

1 Like

That’s the way to do it. Euro 3 emissions were introduced for all new cars registered from 1 January 2001. Although the standard was not introduced for new motorcycles until 1st January 2006 some motorcycle manufacturers jumped into the standard early.

Of interest does the Certificate of Conformity show Euro 3 (EC2000) compliance or that Nox emissions are below 0.15g/km. If not Euro 3 (EC2000) what are the CO g/km and HC g/km emission values?

No Euro 3 compliance, Euro Level 1 with CO and HC values as per below

Seems as if TfL aren’t interested in the harm Carbon Monoxide and Hydrocarbons can cause just the Nitrogen Oxides and presumably the Ozone Layer??

The 250’s (2006) Certificate of Conformity confirms its Euro 3 compliance and…

Appreciate that your 250 is less than half the engine capacity of my 600 but the differences in CO and HC levels are massive compared to the differences in Nox…

Don’t be fooled by the name, ‘The 250’ is a 250x4 and has 998 of those cc wotsits. Yes, when you compare Euro 1 to Euro 3 the CO and HC emissions can be miles apart and then some when you consider the extra 30% capacity too!

TfL has definitely blundered in specifying what the ULEZ standard is, it’s neither one thing or another now! That’s what happens when Politicians looking for a legacy attempt to re-invent the wheel.

Hold on - you managed to get ULEZ exemption with a Cert of Conform that shows no Euro 3 information at all, only Euro 1??

Teflons exemption is based on the Nox emissions of 0.1290 g/km. As above seems as if TfL aren’t interested in the harm Carbon Monoxide and Hydrocarbons can cause just the Nitrogen Oxides and presumably the Ozone Layer??

If the Nox is less than 0.15 g/km that’s good enough for TfL to exempt (motorcycles). One day they may realise the error in their standard and put their foot down on Euro3 or later but for now it is was it is and what it is is a loop hole.

Couldn’t have explained it better myself :grin:

Thanks guys!

Unfortunately my CoC doesn’t show any levels at all for anything!