Top Gear

Come on folks, it’s ENTERTAINMENT!!! We all know Clarkson plays the big “I am” to rile people and does not hate bike. It has lost a bit of the old sparkle but then almost losing one of the crew will prob do that to you. Remember the old addage, if you dont like it then turn it off

You’re surely not suggesting that people use common sense and don’t watch something they don’t like?

I love Top Gear! I’m a petrol-head though, I like anything with a mental engine, whether it has two or four wheels. The production is amazing. The BBC are leagues ahead of anyone else trying to do stuff like this. It makes me feel all warm inside…

I thought it was funny as feck… although not as funny as the thousand dollar car thing last week, that had me in stitches

too right, that was real funny, im still laughing now, especially when they went into that red neck town, good thing they never had my t shirt on…

Its a lot better thank 5th gear on channel 5.

5th gear? It’s a blatent rip off of the Top Gear name as well!

It’s funny!

That rocket was spectacular… breathtaking. The fact that they actually got the thing off the ground was … I’m speechless. Just really happy that there remains some part of life that isn’t governed by dull as ditchwater utilitarian principles.

BTW, I am given to believe that the impact might not have been as explosive as it appeared on screen. I’m told that there was no way there could have been enough fuel left in the booster to have produced such a fireball… Whatever, the damn thing flew and managed, if only for a few seconds, to turn a Reliant Robin into a thing of incomparable beauty!

EDIT: Reminded me a lot of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdUUx5FdySs

ahh yes… but don’t forget that the reliant itself had 3 booster rockets that the chap with the radio control could fire to give him a longer glide if he needed it - he didn’t fire those because he didn’t get a chance… so when it hit the ground - even though the main rocket would have been empty - the reliant still had 3 rockets full of fuel on board.

m

and thats from the man in the know - working for the BBC - do you get the inside info/have to protect what is/isn’t true??

Oh and i love top gear/5th gear/american chopper everything to do with motors - like Jay i’m a proper petrol head, but don’t think i’ll ever go as fast as i went in the Harrier 3years ago!!

You flew in a Harrier? I am so jealous…

Absolutely unbelievable experiance - the pilots loved every moment of their job aswell, it was when i was serving on one of the aircraft carriers, also i was out doing tests in a lynx - we done loop the loop (which is better in a chopper then a plane) and they switched the engine of at 20’000ft and drop down to 8’000ft in seconds before switching it back on (which the buggers made me think they couldn’t get it going) Had some good times!

lol :slight_smile: sometimes you get insider information - but only if you’re working on that particular project… don’t ask me about Long Way Down.

m

ok

Brown pants!

I thought only the Apache could fly up-side-down, for a short period? I love choppers, would love a go in one. Perhaps DarrylJ can swing us a ride-along in Police chopper?

I love Top Gear and thought yesterdays was well funny

the lynx was the first chopper to do a loop the loop, but yes the apache can fly upside down, and do loops!

You can ask me about Long Way Down if you want.

I think I already gave the episode guide away.

If anyone wants to watch a baaaaaad motoring programme watch 5th Gear - once you’ve watched it then tell me that Top Gear is rubbish! Tim Lovejoy has no place on a motoring show what so ever. Top Gear for me is the best prog on tele at the moment, some episodes are better than others but I like them all - I like the way its filmed, the light & angles they use, everything

If they got rid of clarkson and brought in Vicki Butler-henderson more people might like it - and she’s a biker aswell!!

Nuts to the brown pants, it’d be diced carrots all round!