Today's NEWS, 170mph biker

The thing about riding like a d!ck is, you have to know when it’s appropriate. I like it as much as the next guy but I tend to think I know my limits. It isn’t appropriate when cars could pull out on you that are going less than half your speed. 150mph+ antics should be kept to dual carriageways (=autobahns or similar) and the race track.

If you don’t expect other people’s dumbness, you are living on borrowed time. Sure I feel sorry for this guy and for his best friend seeing him die, but maybe they should have gotten some sense first?

If you ignore all your close calls and let the adrenaline / urge to show off get the best of you… this is what happens.

Have fun but be safe, people. :slight_smile:

how come the vid on you tube stopped working? says its private video

They probably have some rules about showing vids with people dying in’em I’d imagine.

Looks like the riders were being plonkers to me - based on overtaking into oncoming traffic on a rarely used section of the road (ie hatched and therefore full of nails and half bricks etc) at nearly a ton.

So my judgement may be (conservatively) inaccurate.

It’s easy to blame the car driver I guess but at best it would have to be 50/50.

The video was available to watch on Devon and Cornwall Constabularys website earlier.

If they haven’t already, it’ll get pulled or edited…

Handbags down for a second ladys, it’s tragic no matter whose at fault.

PS. I don’t particularly enjoy/feel the need to watch such graphic material and as I can pretty much gather exactly what happens from the reading the other posts I choose not to click on the vid link. There’s nothing worse than people saying ‘that’s disgusting that, been watching it/them for 20 minutes now’, WELL TURN THE F**K AWAY AND STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT IT!

I think if it stops one person doing the same and killing themselves then it should be posted. It shook me up and made me consider the way I sometimes ride.

I got a copy of the video but not sure if I should post it… to be honest I do look at bike related video accidents, specially when it is a live thing, I even rewing and look again but I get no joy since the only thing I look at is trying to figure out what went wrong… for example why didn’t they break in time, why did the bike simply dropped… why this or that. If it helps me ride better and expect things like that…

Andrei i would suggest that maybe you refrain from posting the video again.

If people want to see it then maybe they could PM you for it.

It’s interesting though to see other people views on the subject.

R.I.P though fellow biker

I’ve total sympathy with people who don’t want to be subjected to this material because it reminds them of friends and family that have died tragically in this way.I also respect those who watch this material to try and learn something - e.g. what went wrong and why.

In this case - it is bleeding obvious that if you overtake/filter at a ton and over through traffic someone is going to send you to the cemetery sooner or later. Probably sooner. . .